Have tracked packet rates increased?

I recently sent 2 packages by tracked packet 500g-1kg, and I have the cost at $18.19, and it came up both times at $19.01. I hadn't heard that the prices had increased.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracked Packet is the same cost to all US destinations.

The $18.19 price is baseline.

The $19.01 price is with a fuel surcharge added

The $19.01 value will change based on the changes in relation to fuel surcharge.  The fuel surcharge can change every month.

With an exchange rate of $1.33 Canadian dollar = 1.00 US dollar..

the cost of Tracked Packet   at less than 1.0 kg.is currently  $14.29 in US dollars...

To verify this go the Canada Post website and determine the rate yourself and see the real numbers 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I noticed that as well.

Just cross your finders and pray that our dollar never recovers or we Canadians will never be able to sell and ship anything to the US.

It would be really nice if one of our elected types would reign in the people at Canada Post wouldn't it!

thD

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Was this to the USA? To the best of my recollection, there are different regions within USA for Tracked Packet that affect pricing slightly. I don't know if you took that into account when setting up your postage estimates if you use flat-rate. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Tracked Packet is the same cost to all US destinations.

The $18.19 price is baseline.

The $19.01 price is with a fuel surcharge added

The $19.01 value will change based on the changes in relation to fuel surcharge.  The fuel surcharge can change every month.

With an exchange rate of $1.33 Canadian dollar = 1.00 US dollar..

the cost of Tracked Packet   at less than 1.0 kg.is currently  $14.29 in US dollars...

To verify this go the Canada Post website and determine the rate yourself and see the real numbers 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, I haven't figured in the fuel surcharge. I find the Canada Post website the most user unfriendly, it is so hard to get clear answers.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I must have been thinking of Expedited Parcel then.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e3s1

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

When you use the link to Canada Post Find a Rate that I have posted, be certain to click on the link that shows you the Business Rate after it generates all the estimates for different services for regular senders. It's an extra click. That is, assuming you don't already have a CP account with which you log into the Canada Post website. 

Bookmark the link if you don't have it already. I use it each time I send a parcel so that I can provide buyers an exact number of business days to delivery. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Here is the Canada Post web page that has the current and proposed fuel surcharge rates. The rate will be going down from for non-express (Tracked Packet, Expedited Parcel, Regular parcel) from 5% to 4.25% on October 4.

Please read down further in the page where there is a note that the way the fuel surcharge is calculated will be change from the average price of gasoline to the average price of diesel on November 1st. I have no idea what that will mean. I assume that Canada Post uses diesel more in their land based delivery fleet.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=fuel_surcharges_on_m&cattype=kb&cat=sending...

There is a link on the page to the new diesel based fuel surcharge rates. From what I can see, the diesel rates are higher per liter than the gasoline rates but the price of diesel is lower than gasoline. So it seems to be the same rates.

There used to be a web page that had the past three month of the fuel surcharge rates but my bookmarked link no longer works. It may have moved or Canada Post no longer has that page.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracked packet to USA is one same flat rate for all states.  I use Tracked Packet to ship my items to USA all the time.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Right. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply