Having trouble logging into Paypal

I have tried numerous browsers, but still cannot log in. The message reads 

This webpage has a redirect loop

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Have cleared my cache, and cookies...still no luck. Anyone else having the same issues?
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Just got in, all normal.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Unable to log in with Internet Explorer 9.

Did a search for Google on the internet...

and was able to log onto Paypal using Google search...

Also able to log in on another computer that used Google Canada

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I can't understand it. It was ok a couple of days ago. I have tried everything. All other sites are fine...just Paypal.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I just logged on okay on Firefox. I wanted to withdraw some funds, and got a new message asking if I was kept my balance I could  enjoy several perks, one saying that my money would be in Paypal if I needed it, well, I do need it! Plus several other "perks". I have never had that message before.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Internet Explorer  11 is a Not working....... Correction not IE 9

Google and Firefox both work.... and can gain access to Paypal

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Still can't get into Paypal. Get this message .. 

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have tried Windows, Firefox, Slimbrowser, and Chrome... no go! Cleared the cookies, emptied the cache. Tried logging into Paypal from google search. I also set my computer back to an earlier time. I cannot think of what else to do. Anyone have any suggestions? 
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Download free malwarebytes and do a malware scan. Just in case. This will eliminate your PC having a virus or malware. Probably not the reason but the redirects message does not sound good from a malware point of view.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/

Download the free version on the top of page.

See what it finds. Afterwards run this program once and then every month or two as needed.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Thanks poco...but I already tried that too. I downloaded and purchased a subscription to AVG and did a complete scan. It did find some malwares etc and removed them....but still no good. I am pulling my hair out, lol. So weird!!!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Download the malwarebytes. It is the best malware program and finds things that others do not. It only installs the manual scanner and you run it when needed. It does not affect AVG. Get a second opinion with malwarebytes.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Do you have another computer / tablet / phone that you could try with?
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@gillian1023 wrote:

I have tried numerous browsers, but still cannot log in. The message reads 

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Have cleared my cache, and cookies...still no luck. Anyone else having the same issues?

Have you tried entering the paypal address directly in the URL box?

https://www.paypal.com/ca

OR

linking from eBay through one of your sales or purchases?

OR

linking from one of the paypal payment email notifications?

-.-

Connecting to paypal works fine for me with an old version of Firefox (17.0).

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Have just downloaded malwarebytes and am going through a scan. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks ypdc_dennis...but tried all your suggestions. It just does not make sense as to why I cannot get in. I've never had anything like this before. 

I tried my husband's computer, and it gave me the same problem for about 5 minutes of trying, but then miraculously I got in and was able to print a couple of shipping labels. So I don't know what to think. If it was only my computer, then why did his do the same thing when I tried logging in. Ok...it did let me in eventually, but it took a few minutes. But my computer won't let me in after days of trying. Well...let's see if this malwarebytes help. 🙂

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

The malwarebytes has completed the scan and it's still the same! This is doing my head in. Well....as long as I can get in by using my husband's computer (even if it takes a few mins) I will try not to stress too much, lol.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I did a google search on keywords "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS PayPal". Wow, difficult to follow the issues in the results returned. Seems like no easy answer. You can do the same search as I did and read up on it. But the posts and replies are not clear and many have the issue over multiple computers and smartphones. So to me it has to be at the ISP or modem level.

I wonder if you call your Internet Service Provider and they can clear your modem for you or have you do it under their guidance.

Do you use cable or telephone? Just curious on what you have.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

I keep reading to clear your cookies and cache but why does it not work when multiple browsers are tried and different computers. Confusing.

I will suggest downloading and installing CCleaner, a free tool for cleaning your computer cookies, cache and other files

You can download the free version of CCleaner here

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Choose the free version on the left, not the trial version on the right.

One change you should make to the default settings in CCleaner is to delete information in the past 24 hours. By default CCleaner does not delete this. If you are having issues, you need to clean all of the cookies and cache and especially the current ones since they might have the problem.

Go to Options -> Advanced

to find the 24 hrs option and uncheck.

Also when you start CCleaner, it shows two tabs labeled Windows and Applications. In the Windows tab, go down to System section and check DNS cache.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Thanks poco...I really appreciate your help. I can't do that cleaner thing just yet as I am going out in a few minutes, but I will give it a go later on. I will let you know how things go. Again...I REALLY appreciate your help. 🙂   .. Oh,..and I use cable.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply