Hmm ebay/paypal disconnet?

A new one for me:

Couple hours ago, buyer buys, and pays.

I don't get the email PAYPAL payment notification, which happens fairly often.

I go to PAYPAL to print it off so I can process and mail the order, and there is no payment in PAYPAL land either (which explains the lack of the email).

That is the first time I've had something show as paid in eBay and no payment in PAYPAL.

Advised buyer to check to see if the funds actually left their account, a couple hours later and they still have not arrived in PAYPAL.

Sigh, another week of to a weird start......

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, there is a delay - at this time - for PayPal to record a payment and advise seller by email

The problem is at PayPal.  Not with the buyer.

The delay could take several hours before the payment is reflected in the PayPal account

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Unfortunately, there is a delay - at this time - for PayPal to record a payment and advise seller by email

The problem is at PayPal.  Not with the buyer.

The delay could take several hours before the payment is reflected in the PayPal account

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

There seems to be more than one "connectivity" issue at the moment between eBay and Paypal.  

My issue (obviously a much smaller problem than yours, but still annoying) was that I made a partial refund of shipping to a buyer, from Paypal, and it didn't show up the way it normally does on either the Paypal packing slip or on the eBay transaction details.  The refund details did however appear on the Paypal transaction details page itself. 

I suppose we should have expected that once eBay and Paypal separated we'd have a whole new set of glitches to deal with.  I've been postponing the transition to Windows 10 from W8.1 as well because I just don't want to discover there are even more issues involved. 

Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful to have everything working seamlessly on eBay and Paypal at the same time for one day, just once? We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves!  Woman LOL

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Hi Pierre! OK that is what I expected.

How did you find that out did you call them or see some sort of announcement about it somewhere (so I know where to look next time)?

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

It seems you aren't alone.  There are a couple of other reports about similar issues on the boards: 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/paypal-not-working/m-p/314904#U314904

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Whenever weird stuff crops up, I check the blog http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/S/S?PL&1443993734 for reports. It would, however, be nice if paypal could just add a line of text to their page to state, 'Don't panic' when this kind of thing happens. It's MONEY that's missing, after all.
Message 7 of 30
latest reply

I'm curious...I have always adjusted the PayPal packing slip myself when I have done a partial refund as I usually do the   refund last. How does it show up on the packing slip.....as refund -  amount?

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I had one last week that started off the same as yours, but ended differently.  European buyer, eBay showed the sale and payment.  I sent my usual message to the buyer with a thank you for the immediate payment and info about shipping.

I saw the "Paid" icon several times over about a 3 hour period while working back and forth, multitasking.  No email from PayPal.  Checked my PayPal account and there is no payment noted there.  Went back in to my eBay account, and the payment icon has disappeared.

Called PayPal, there had been no payment.  Had to write the customer again, got paid the next day.  I called PayPal to confirm it even though it showed paid on both eBay and PayPal.

Murphy's Law in action and the start (or rather continuation?) of a trust issue that doesn't seem about to be healed any time soon.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

About 5 hours later the payment arrived, of course right as I got back from the post office....... back to the PO I go!
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

All payments have now been posted to my PayPal account and email confirmations received.

The last one (a few minutes ago) was - only - forty minutes late.  I guess they are catching up on the backlog.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Correction - I still have one missing (both at PayPal and email) for about two hours.

An echeck notification came very quickly (a few minutes)

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

I had sales at 6:12 and 7:01 and the emails were each a minute later.... so it looks like things have caught up....
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Purchased and mailed an item today via Light Packet to the UK. No problem printing label and all good inPayPal. Problem is that it still doesn't show as shipped in eBay. Anyway, I marked it as shipped and let my customer know. Not sure who normally sends out an email to say shipped when the label is printed, is it PayPal or Canada Post? 

All the other Lt Pkts to the US I did at the same time showed as shipped as usual.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

This happened to me today too. I checked email today at work and saw that I sold something. It seems buyer hasn't paid, which is rare as most of my BIN buyers pay right away. I logged into eBay and it says buyer paid. Figured it's probably a delay, and it's not like I can pack and ship while at work so I just let it slip my mind. Then when I got home hours later and checked email again, the PayPal notification email is here.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

I think there may be more at play here than they are admitting publicly at this point. Like, a lot more. Just a hunch. 

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

I suppose it might be a bad time to shop via PayPal at the moment until they fix this...

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I'd sit tight. It's one thing, as a seller, to wait for a payment to come. As the money SENDER, however, it would make me very anxious to not see confirmation my money had been sent. Just- poof!
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Opposite thing this morning. Got a paypal notification email for payment received but not ebay's item sold email lol
Message 20 of 30
latest reply