How come buyer from Finland bought from me ??????

Good evening.

I was wandering how can a buyer from Finland bought an item today from me since I have chosen in my listing that I ship to US and to CANADA only ???? 

He has 0% since 22/01/2015, no item bought or sold, nada ????? That's a mystery to me.....

Thanx,

Youckoulele :-)))

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

73rhc
Community Member
You have to go to your account, then site preferences and then to shipping preferences and then you can block the country that you want to exempt. It's not good enough to only state it in the listing. When you you state that seller ships to US and Canada. All that means is that you've given shipping info for these two countries. It doesn't mean that you are excluding the rest of the world.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hello.

I thought that when you are listing your items in the shipping details, you could choose where you wanted to ship (domestic shipping, international shipping...). You also need to go in your account as I understand your reply. 

But it the past, it worked because people would write me and ask if I was willing to ship to their country, they were block only with my listing.

But I will gladly try your procedure, thanx a lot.

King regards, Cheers, Youckoulele

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Once you set it up in your account settings, you'll be good to go. Good luck.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What item did he buy?

Small packet international air is $9.49 / up to 250g when bought through paypal. Never send overseas by surface.

You are really loosing out on most of your potential sales by not wanting to sell outside of Canada and USA. What is your reasoning for this?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

As others said, choosing where you ship is not the same as blocking where you do not ship. Those are two separate actions.

"0" FB is a mystery? Why? I have several IDs and most of them are "0".

Norway, Sweden, Finland, are all excellent customers.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Good day to all of you.

I realized shipping overseas is a lot of trouble for nothing: the buyer wants to know the S&H costs, then you write back to let him know, but finally, it's too expensive. Or they bid and win the auction without asking for the S&H costs and end up NOT paying: an other unpaid item case. On the last 10 items I sold, only 5 paid.

But, I'm willing to try by choosing the countrys to which I want to ship to, like Norway...Mr Elwood says they are excellent customers.

BTW, since all my items are BUY IT NOW, not a sale in almost a week and when I have auctions, I sell a lot.

Any explanations ????

Have to go to work, see you soon,

Bye,

Youckoulele

Message 7 of 7
latest reply