How did buyer bid from an excluded country

My first negative is from a buyer from Thailand a country excluded from my listing. I wouldn't ship to him as he had paid for US shipping but had no US address showing, just one in Thailand. I refunded fully. Then the neg. I have reported him but have heard nothing from ebay. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is a block set up to prevent buyers from other countries bidding, you might not have it checked off.

Go to Account, Site Preferences, Buyer Preferences

Edit

Check off 'Block Buyers who have a primary shipping address in a location that I ship to'

But are you sure that there is not a U.S. address on the Paypal email that you received when the buyer paid? Usually when there is not a shipping cost listed for the buyer's country, they are not able to pay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If there is not a U.S. address then you should phone ebay about it and perhaps you can get the negative removed.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member
This happened to me, as well. In my case the buyer was from Turkey. All of my boxes were checked in my preferences. I called eBay. A quick investigation showed that the bidder had registered with a U.S. address and then later changed it to his Turkey address. I contacted the "buyer" and asked if he had a US mailing address. The answer was no. eBay was very helpful and said they would help with any sort of defect, neg...
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the advice! Ebay customer service was very helpful tracing the information. They found the buyer was ineligible to bid so the negative and defects were removed. Fantastic!!! So happy I called!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply