How do I block non-PayPal members from buying?

Hi there, everyone:

In my Buyer Requirements, under the Account >> Seller Preference tab, I have adjusted my settings to block any purchases from people who do not have PayPal memberships, (such as clients who use their credit card to complete a PayPal transaction, but who do not themselves have a PayPal account).

However, in the last couple of months, eBay has let three of these transactions slip under the wire.  Do any of you have a tip or suggestion for me that would help me avoid this problem in the future?

Cheers to you all.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't use that function but could it be that those particular listings were already listed when you checked off that preference? When you set it up it only applies to future listings.

Also have you made sure that it isn't unchecked on your syi form?

By using that function you eliminate guests that want to buy something from you and use their credit card through paypal or someone who doesn't have their paypal account linked to their ebay account. For example, some people might use two different paypal accounts depending on what they are buying so they don't have their payal and ebay id's linked.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member
Please explain why this is a problem.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Both of the above are correct. By blocking non PP account holders, you are losing sales. What you are complaining about is having to do the work of filing the UID.

Requiring a PP account dose not increase sales, it decreases them. It decreases the effort of filing the UID.

More sales, more money, more UID.

Less UID, less money, less sales.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Blocking customers who don't have Paypal is a rough and ready way of blocking new eBayers for those paranoid about newbies.

I often explain how to work around not being able to Block newbies, but in my opinion, new enthusiastic buyers who have no idea how low prices can go here are jam for my toast.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you. Dong le ma?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank-you, all, for your feedback.

It has given me some perspective.

Happy Christmas Rush!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply