How do I create a codeless coupon for subscribers to my eBay store

I have been looking for a way to send a codeless discount coupon to my subscribers and I haven't add any success.I know how to send it out - but I don't know how to create it. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You should be able to use the Email Marketing section of your "Manage My Store" options to compose and send a custom email, in which you can include an offer for a discount.  I've occasionally sent out these "all subscriber" emails when I have a group of new items listed, or to promote a store sale. 

EBay has never been set up well to handle the concept of discount coupons, in my view.  I'm not sure how you would mesh the outgoing emails with a purchase by one of those subscribers, at least not in any automatic way.  

Are you thinking you would check each sale to see if the buyer was on your list of subscribers, and if so, give them a discount?  I suppose that's possible to do, but fairly tedious.  I can't really think of a better way unless a buyer contacts you directly to state that they received a coupon offer from you. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

All the OP's listings are BIN. Activating a discount would require a partial refund after the sale. Yeah, tedious.

If I am following what the OP is saying, they would like a way for a specific customer to buy something and get an automatic discount. Preferred customer as it were. I am unaware of a way of doing this.

Waving from dauphin.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, eBay makes it awkward, if not impossible, to do what the OP is thinking of.  Not so on some other sites, but there you have it. 

I think what the OP is after is being able to "reward" certain customers with discounts.  It's a great promotional idea to encourage return customers that I wish eBay would support.  I'm afraid, as you say, refunds are the only realistic way to do this.  I think .com has some discount features that .ca hasn't got (buy-1-get-1-free type of deals), although it's limited. 

But then eBay can't even get its checkout system to work properly across the board ...Woman Frustrated

BTW, Ahoy to you too from NS!    

(I've been keeping under the radar here because I'm scrambling to try to work up new designs for 2016 in the hope I can keep my store going -- sales have been very slow). 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply