How do I respond to this question?

Wondering if I can pay you in CDN$$ & if you would be willing to take cash, personal cheque or money order?

I guess she doesn't have a paypal account.  She could "buy it now" with pickup option and then mail me Canadian Funds t o match the US amount?  How would you respond?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@musicyouneed wrote:

Wondering if I can pay you in CDN$$ & if you would be willing to take cash, personal cheque or money order?

I guess she doesn't have a paypal account.  She could "buy it now" with pickup option and then mail me Canadian Funds t o match the US amount?  How would you respond?

YES! You mark it shipped, collect cash, easy-peasy. Perfect seller protection.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Absolutely!!  No reason not to.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Be cautious about personal cheques. And postal money orders are easiest to deal with since you can cash them at the PO without waiting for them to clear your bank.

And money is always good.

A buyer can always offer to alternatives to electronic payment. No problem and no Paypal fees.

Sellers must offer at least one electronically visible form of payment* and cannot demand payments that are not.

*Usually Paypal, but there are others.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Sellers must offer at least one electronically visible form of payment* and cannot demand payments that are not. 

*Usually Paypal, but there are others.

Hmm... I thought eBay made Paypal obligatory as the electronic form of payment?  

But then I've never used anything but Paypal for a very long time (since Bidpay and Billpoint died off), so I haven't looked at the policy in years.  Out here in the sticks I'm unlikely to ever get a local cash pick-up, but who knows?

I really didn't know you could offer other electronic payment options in eBay listings now.  How about VISA direct-debit I wonder?  Mind you, if somebody has a VISA card, it's just as simple to use Paypal. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply