How is everyone finding their sales these days?

Just wondering how everyone is finding their sales these days. I am not a big seller but usually this time of year is my busiest for sales but not this year. It has been very slow - I was busier in the summer than I am now. Was wondering if it is just me or if anyone else is finding this.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Well, I'm finding that because of all the free listing promos that ebay has, there are so many amazing, rare, high quality items that have never been listed before that I just can't decide what to buy. So I end up buying nothing. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

After going through a dismal summer. sales started to pickup. Recently though it has dropped considerably. Usually sales should be better this time of the year. I am concerned that the Christmas season is going to be a bust. If this does become to be, I am going to have to make some decisions about continuing on Ebay. This has been the worst year I have had since selling on Ebay 2003.

I hear to often that sales our down for many sellers but bay profits continue to increase at a substantial rate, so I am not holding my breath in having any assistance from ebay to encourage buyer confidence. Recently Ebay had made changes to some of its policy to give buyers more  buyer confidence , but unless they do a better job in getting the message out to others than to only the current buyers, it wont get any better. Why Ebay cant advertise more like they do with their sister KIJJI. Advertising Ebay on some site pop-ups isnt enough.

I would be curious to know what the growth rate is with sellers versus buyers over the years. While I am sure both are up, I wouldnt be surprised if the seller ratio is running away from the buyers, meaning overall less sales for individual sellers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As a seller of smaller priced items I really appreciate the free listing days and always make use of them. With the low sell through rate I have I could not afford to pay for all my listing and make any money so I am hoping that eBay continues with this trend. I do not think though that they need to have 10K free items in a period. Guess this is for the bigger sellers on eBay.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply