How long before you can resume selling after ebay stops you from selling?

The USPS over the summer has stolen approx 100 items,they are "lost in the mail" so they did not get to buyers.( Nothing ever!!! not delivered until summer started only in the USA mailed items so I think it was temp staff who grabbed small items).I refunded buyers instantly when notified item never arrived but buyers left terrible NEG feedback anyway.I shipped the items with in 5 mins of buyer payment so it was not fault at all of mine and I have had happy buyers for years (100%) feedback before this.Now eBay has removed my 1000s of items and sent me a message "you cannot sell on ebay any more".

Does eBay have a time limit when removing selling privileges?

The work required to re list 1000s of different items may deter me from selling on eBay again.......but is there a time limit?  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

"Does eBay have a time limit when removing selling privileges?"

eBay limits selling privileges to a large number sellers daily, largely based on complaints received from buyers.  Generally, in the message received from eBay, they will specific a time period, either "30 days", "90 days" or "indefinitely".

Check the message you received from eBay and it should answer your question.  If not, call eBay using the "Customer Support" link on top of this page (at right).

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

100 parcels were "stolen" by the USPS? You have proof of that? Police reports? Culprits apprehended? If not, do not sling accusations. That is unprofessional. Postal theft is virtually non-existent.

Parcels are in your control until the buyer receives them. That is the rule.

If the email from eBay said you cannot sell ever again, it is permanent. No amount of begging will change that. Blaming the PO will not help either.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I agree.  In all the years I've been selling on eBay I haven't had one USPS parcel lost or stolen (and I've shipped items of all sorts of weights and sizes, including CDs).  In all the years I've been buying (mostly from the U.S.), I've never had a parcel disappear. 

In fact, as  seller, I've only had one -- yes, one -- parcel that was even unusually delayed, and that was because because it was headed to an address right in the middle of area devastated by Hurricane Sandy (New Jersey).  And you know what?  It actually showed up 2 weeks later. 

Something is not quite right with the OP's picture of what has happened to him. 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Someone explain mail standards to me.

OP was showing a rate of $2.10 Cdn to mail a CD to the US. The cheapest rate I can find is $3.98 using parcel configurations.

Does a CD count towards the lower lettermail rate, or, wink-wink, the OP was just doing it that way?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

You can ship a CD by lettermail if it's in a slim jewel case and your envelope isn't too thick, although strictly speaking it should go by Light Packet to the US if it's a commercial sale. 

It's just a wild guess, but maybe the OP was trying to ship DVDs by letter mail without a bubble envelope to protect them and those 100 or so got so hopelessly broken or squashed during postal processing that they were just tossed by postal workers. 

I don't know -- as I said, there's something missing in this story.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Or?

They got caught and destroyed. With a difference of $2 postage per parcel, the PO is not going to forward or return, I'll bet.

There is more at play than the OP says, whether they know it or not.

OP states in their listings "CD only" and that the case is available for mail costs of $3 extra, taking that in line with light packet pricing plus a little handling.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Or?

They got caught and destroyed. With a difference of $2 postage per parcel, the PO is not going to forward or return, I'll bet.

Yeah, that occurred to me too, and is probably the more logical reason for the "disappearance" of 100 shipments. 

Maybe the OP will come back and tell us exactly how he was shipping his DVDs.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

"Postal theft is virtually non-existent."

No offence to any postal workers out there, but HA! My wife had a magazine subscription that went missing every month. Every month we would call the magazine company and they'd resend it in a plain brown paper envelope. And then she would get it. This happened every month for a full year. Coincidence, I think not. I ordered elastics for my ten year old daughter for her bracelet making. Had a tracking number and all. Online delivery confirmation, but no elastics. Daughter very disappointed. So as a good father I call CP. I tell then the whole story, magazines included. Their solution 1) for the elastics contact the supplier to claim from USPS??? 2) for the magazine issue I can have my mail delivered to the post office or my place of work.

Postal that non-existent, maybe!
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

If things are damaged its still delivered or returned if they can get an address from it.  Or a letter to both addresses with whats left. 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

If things are damaged its still delivered or returned if they can get an address from it.  Or a letter to both addresses with whats left. 

But for an original ca. $2 or $3 shipping charge?  Would they even bother? 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am taken back that you would ship the disc only not with the case.  Why not ship it with its original case, the case would protect the disc?    What kind of "protection" you shipped for the disc only?  The original case would be the ideal as protection and ship it in bubble envelope for about $1.10 that I usually get from Toronto.

As for "brand new", it means brand new, never opened, it is sealed, so it is your huge mistake to open it and call it as brand new.

You have way too may negative feedback for lost items and of course eBay would suspend you and possible for forever. 

Blaming the USPS for lost items, hmmm. 

I sell VHS for $5.00 each and charge $15.50 for Tracked Packet to USA and I got so many buyers than you do for your DVDs, especially for the disc only!  Cheap shipping may not be ideal for you as you got too many so-called stolen items by USPS.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Few things

Mail does go missing for many not just because lost or stolen by postal workers but because of peole walking by as well ...

I tend to believe most wanting a free item claim they do not receive.. Not because I think people are liars but I don't want to believe a postal system could actually be so flawed..

On the Same note The postal service I use has also done wonders sometimes too ..

Point being you never really know why they don't show up and the simple fact of the matter is there are alot of dishonest people in this world I would like to thin kmore honest then not but it is what it is ....

Second thing

If you get back selling send items in the cases and if it's not worth your time then don't sell... Selling without the case is a risk for many reason ..

Don't lie to your buyers some do know the postal system .. You charge $1.88 shipping in Canada which is 8 cents above the $1.80 for all single disc movies or 99% of them anyways and if it is a single disc even with the case it is still under 100Grams and only cost $1.80  with case artwork etc.. So you not saving and telling a customer they are saving $3 by not getting the case is a jk considing 99% of all DVD's and Blu rays that are single disc sets come in under $100 grams...

If I want a movie with the case from you accodring to your old listings I would have to pay a Total of $4.88 if I want it with the case ..... That means it would have to weigh between 300-500 grams which actually is only 4-5 disc Sets and certain steelbook ...

It may not help anything in the future for you but That alone I would never buy off you because I have sold over 100,000 movies and I know ylour lying in your description which means your not a person I want to do business ...

Anyways Goodluck but I would say if you start again look at the negs fix those issue .... I know some people go overboard on there feedback comments and I seen a few on yours but there is a very clear pattern you have that you can for the most part fix...

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible that eBay shut you down because you are selling illegal discs, the ones without the cases which one of your buyers claimed it is a fake DVD.  You would be better off to ship the disc with its original case to show it is legal and original than without case.

It is absurd to think that you can ship the disc without the case just to save a few bucks!  You can ship it with its original case at cheap postage rate, it doesn't weigh that much.  The case itself is a protection for a disc and you made a mistake to ship them without the discs in the first place.

And what more you don't use eBay's prefilled product information for your DVDs, that would make us go "hmmm, scratching our chins and wonder why.  Good luck in getting back on eBay unless eBay shut you down for very obvious reasons, illegal DVDs.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Someone do the math for me and tell me how the seller was making any money $1.88 a throw.

I can't afford to sell for less than $9 and I get my stuff almost for free.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 24
latest reply

zip.ca (just closed having lost to netflix) shipped (both ways) over 20,000,000 dvds disc only as 30 gram lettermail within Canada in the lightest paper envelope they could come up with.  There are tons of media items out there that the case isnt around anymore, and tons (like the ops) that isn't worth enough to mail with the case with canada post rates.  Eb games/gamestop sells tons of used games they dont have the case for.  Nothing wrong with selling them without a case

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

In answer to the OPs question.

Probably   never !

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

FROM SELLER:

Discs were sent out with the disc in a paper sleeve in a brown paper wrapper and marked DVD inside and the value of it and

many received the DVD in it's original case for the $1.88 shipping cost if the case was not one of the heavy cases.

The shipping rates were checked at the post office in Canada for shipping to the USA and within Canada and the post office set the rates just below $1.88.

99% of the DVDs sent before summer started arrived in perfect condition and quickly.The DVDs are 100% REAL and were from brand name stores and rental stores which have closed .

The problem of missing DVDs started ONLY IN THE USA when summer started,before that 100% of DVDs reached buyers.

I do understand eBay cannot have unhappy buyers,so my buyers were refunded instantly when I was notified of a DVD not arriving to their location and when NEG feedback was received from them stating NO DVD ARRIVED ETC..........and surprisingly 75% of those buyers then asked to change their feedback to positive after a refund arrived to them from me.....but I never would have any feedback revisions to send them.

If the post office did not "lose" the DVDs........where did they go......just as summer started?

(over 100 missing to locations all over the USA)

Also.......a DVD sent from eastern Canada to California always took 6 days before summer started  and after summer started the DVDs that did get delivered now took 30 days!!!!!!!!!!........what changed?

It sure created more NEG feedback flowing to me.

I just wondered how long selling would be stopped as my Canadian buyers have been happy with fast delivered DVDs and I did stop selling in the USA and was selling only in Canada when eBay pulled my listings.

Thanks for the comments........all are appreciated.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Looking at your feed-backs there were a lot of unsatisfied customers in there along with the non deliveries you mention.

"Now eBay has removed my 1000s of items and sent me a message "you cannot sell on ebay any more".

I think that pretty much explains it.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

If the post office did not "lose" the DVDs........where did they go......just as summer started?

(over 100 missing to locations all over the USA)

All over the USA? If , and I have my doubts about your claim, if the discs were being sent all over the USA, you should be looking closer to home for the disappearing discs.

Start by talking to your local Post Office or the manager at your Postal Outlet. All your discs started there.

And you don't know where they disappeared.

If the local staff are cleared, then the problem may be at the city terminal. But that's less likely since there are more staff and much much more mail.

Same goes with the terminal where mail is processed for export (like Gateway in Mississauga). More staff but your items would be less identifiable in the huge amount of mail.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply