How long to wait for payment

x3metal
Community Member

Hi, recently sold an item, purchsed by a newbie who signed up on the 12th and bidded on my item rightaway. He later was outbidded. Then maybe 15minutes before the end of the item, he used proxy bidding and proceeded to win said item with proxy-bidding. I have sent an invoice right after the item ended. Still no payment.

Btw, I know it hasnt been that long, but it was a 10 day listing and I dont really want to wait forever to relist or offer second chance. I just find it weird that he was online just before the end of the item and hasn't paid yet. I'm a bit worried. Newbies signing up and instantly buying often caused me hassles when I did sell a lot years ago. Most people pay rightaway.

My question is: How long should I wait for a payment? I havent sold much in quite a while and never had an issue so I feel a little rusty.
Is there a policy and if not, what is a good rule of thumb?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Policy is 4 days I think a fair time is 1 week ...

My opinion on waiting for payments is don't run auctions if you in a hurry ... Sell buy now with immediate payment required...

Will take roughly roughly 8 days to recoup and be able to relist if you file unpaid case on day 4 ...

You decide as you maybe have a reason you need money now etc. but I have always felt buyers should pay right away but if I am gonna list auctions I feel it is only right to give it time for one reason or another ..

You be the judge but you can file unpaid case after 4 days ..

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

So 8 days + another 10 (10 day listing)= 18 days.

After 8 days, I'm entitled to do second chance to the next highest bidder, hopefully? There was stiff competition in the last few minutes, wouldnt be fair to the REAL bidder to have to wait an extra 10days after the required 8 days. (i think I now remember a reason why I have stopped selling here)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply