How to deal with negative feedback

corazi
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I just got a negative feedback by a horrible ebayer.  He ordered on Thursday and got angry because it didn't go out Friday.  My warehouse screwed up the order unfortunately and they will be shipping it Monday.  The buyer messaged me today very angry.  I apologized and offered a refund but he posted a negative feedback right after.  Is their anything that I can do at this point or if someone can recommend something? This just killed my business.

Thanks,

Daniel

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"My warehouse screwed up"?

Dropshipping?

I see you are in the USA, this is a Cdn board you know.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Negative feedback can be a blow but don't let it set you back! 

-Work with the buyer. Perhaps you can offer a partial refund in exchange for revising the feedback? The buyer has an option to revise the feedback and might even do so when they receive the item. The buyer left feedback for a reason, Now you should put your customer service shirt on. Step in and be extra friendly, try to solve the issue. Usually the issue can be resolved.

-Consider updating your shipping times. Be realistic. If your not processing the orders yourself, add an extra day or two. Or, mark the item as shipped and add the tracking number as it becomes available. (Only do this if you work closely with the people actually shipping the item to ensure it's in stock,etc)

-Consider your practices. Your using a warehouse to ship things out but you only have 55 feedbacks? Why not just send the orders out from your house?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm curious about the electronic cigarette products you sell. I see sellers moving huge numbers of these things but eBay clearly states e-cigs are not allowed. Is there a way around the rule i'm not understanding?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you respond to the negative feedback, keep the response 3rd person and non confrontational - something like "issue on our end delayed shipping, apologized and offered to work with buyer". Many people including me watch for how sellers respond to negative feedbacks. If you respond professionally I know that if i buy something and I have a problem you are much more likely to work with me and I would have no problem buying from you.....
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Cutter, there is an underground term for these, Vaporizer, Vaper, etc. Don't list as what they are, list them by the nudge-nudge wink-wink name. They all get caught sooner or later.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6
latest reply