How to handle INR without case opened?

It was not difficult for me to handle this case  before, but the new system of resolution center now make me a little clueless to handle it smoothly without sacrifice FVF or adding defect.

When a buyer contact me that they didn't receive the package I used to refund their payment then after that sending cancellation request, choosing reason other.

But now the choice of other had been disappeared.

How to cancel the case after issue refund? 

Looks like easier to handle it if buyer open a case, but it will be a defect 😞

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Resolution Centre ----> I sold an item ----> I need to cancel a transaction

Find item.

Choose second option  that blames the buyer.

Do not expect the buyer to respond. It will auto close in your favour after a week. I am about six in a row on this. I LOVE it.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank mr.elmwood.
I had been quite long (almost a full year) I did not have INR. But recently I got many INR report. Couldn't say I LOVE it like you because my sale is rock in the bottom at the same time.
Sorry for ranting.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

mr.elwood, did I understand you to just now say to "blame the buyer"?? For an item not received? How's that the buyer's fault? It isn't.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Some situations are nobody's 'fault'.

Since 'blame the buyer' has no consequences for the buyer and 'blame the seller' has severe consequences for the seller, I believe fair-minded opinion would be to go with the 'buyer' option.

The 'Mutual Agreement' option does not seem to have occurred to the MBAs who came up with the Defects policy.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

femmefan1946, How do you think the buyer will feel when they "view details" on a closed case and see the seller "blamed" the buyer for the item never received? - that is the seller's responsibility.

The buyer knows that future trading partners often view a buyer's history. This scenario could hold ramifications for the buyer (not at fault party). Am I mistaken about that?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Have I read this post correctly?  There's no such thing as a mutual cancellation anymore?  The last one I filed was about a month ago -- the process was the same as it had always been.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@goodlittlekitty wrote:
femmefan1946, How do you think the buyer will feel when they "view details" on a closed case and see the seller "blamed" the buyer for the item never received? - that is the seller's responsibility.

The buyer knows that future trading partners often view a buyer's history. This scenario could hold ramifications for the buyer (not at fault party). Am I mistaken about that?

There are no ramifications for the buyer and no one else can see that the buyer purchased the item or that they didn't receive it or that the transaction was cancelled. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@goodlittlekitty wrote:

There are no ramifications for the buyer and no one else can see that the buyer purchased the item or that they didn't receive it or that the transaction was cancelled. 

Right, no ramifications for the buyer but what draconian measures will eBay be forced into to prevent sellers from lying?

Pretty much every policy that eBay bring in that sellers find so awful is a direct result of the slimy tactics used by a small segment of sellers. A defect for an INR may not be fair but it`s the policy, suck it up and take your defect before eBay eliminates ANY chance of a cancellation without penalty.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I was just answering the poster's question...not suggesting that cancelling because a "buyer had changed their mind" when the item was really not as received is the right way to do things or that it is a good idea.

I agree with your comments and I agree with ebay that when a buyer doesn't receive an item it is not a good buying experience regardless of how quickly the seller refunds them.

I don't think that I would use the option suggested in this situation but I can understand why a seller would want to do so. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply