How to re-migrate from ebay.com ($ USD) to ebay.ca ($ CAD)?

Well..... I need help!!! 🙂

Here is the problem: I first migrated my USD listings from ebay.ca to ebay.com but that is not what I wanted...

I want my USD listings to be converted to CAD listings, using the Migration tool because I have 350 listings!

So I read what ebay proposes and it was supposed to be easy to re-migrate from ebay.com to ebay.ca but it just does not work, when I use the tool it says that the $CAD listings are active and that I need to complete the drafts, but I cannot select any.

It is making me really nervous and stressed out.

Can anybody help with this issue???????

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm a technodolt and gave up on the migration tool entirely.

So mostly you're getting sympathy for your stress.

If you have the pictures saved you can try just manually moving them a few a day until they are all moved.

Your USD listings that are Good Til Cancelled on dotCA will move to your Unsold List on August 1, I believe, and will stay there for another 60 days before being deleted.

So you have time.

I found doing a little repetitive work each day was easier than trying to cope with a system that was not intuitive and would not let me delete my many errors.

Sigh.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I'm a technodolt and gave up on the migration tool entirely.

So mostly you're getting sympathy for your stress.

If you have the pictures saved you can try just manually moving them a few a day until they are all moved.

Your USD listings that are Good Til Cancelled on dotCA will move to your Unsold List on August 1, I believe, and will stay there for another 60 days before being deleted.

So you have time.

I found doing a little repetitive work each day was easier than trying to cope with a system that was not intuitive and would not let me delete my many errors.

Sigh.

Just a bit of clarification on what will happen with USD GTC listing on ebay.ca Canada in August. There seems to be some confusion on this and here is my understanding of the process. If incorrect, please correct my understanding. If correct, please confirm my understanding.

The USD GTC listings on eBay.ca will not renew in August when their current 30 day cycle ends in August. So a GTC listing that relisted on July 15 for 30 days will run until August 14 and then not relist automatically in USD and should move to UnSold listings. A GTC listing that renewed on July 10 for 30 days will run until August 9 and then not relist automatically and should move to UnSold. All GTC listing will not all end simultaneously on 00:01 ET on August 1 in one large group, they will just not renew on the relisting day in the month of August.

Most sellers have GTC listings relisting across each day of a month so some listing will end on each day of August and move to UnSold. A seller can then relist/migrate that days ended listings. This approach will allow a seller to work daily on the ended listings or wait for a few days to accumulate and relist/migrate a larger batch.

Of course a seller can end the GTC listings anytime they want and the will move to UnSold. But why do this, just let the listing end on their own and still use the USD listing to the last minute especially if you think that USD is a better option.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks.

I will certainly do as you say: convert the listings as they come to an end, from August SomeDate until they are all converted.

But I will do it against my will. Because I will lose the statistics for every listing (how many sold, how many left, how many watching...). And when we sell worldwide, USD currency is the most understood and used of all currencies. So I anticipate a big drop in my sales. And going to ebay.com is not an option, since I will appear as a newcomer...

This change does not make me happy at all.

But hey! What does not kill you makes you stronger, right?

Gen

-----------

"Do not thin yourself: be vast
You do not bring the ocean to a river"
- Tapiwa Mugabe, You are Oceanic

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Since you have multiples of your products, why not run put half your listings on dotCOM in US dollars with Flat Rate Shipping and half of dotCA with Calculated Shipping?

There is nothing preventing you. Hundreds of sellers have been using multiple sites for years, myself included.

The tricky bit is the Flat Rate Shipping, but you since that will mostly affect Parcel Rates within Canada, make your US listings unavailable to Canadians.

I usually put a picture of a cat climbing out of a box here... but I have to make dinner now and don't have time.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply