How to refund, buyer has not opened claim

Hello,

I could use some help... I sold an item, buyer received and tried item and it is not for her. I said resend it back and i will refund.

Today i received item back and want to fully refund AND get my ebay fees back. Buyer never opened a claim. We seem to be doing this honest style like back in the good old days. (also, she payed return postage so i will pay her that as well.)

So, where do click "full refund" on the ebay listing?

thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do a cancellation through the resolution centre, pick the right reason, if the payment was via PayPal I think ebay does the refund part for you.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do a cancellation through the resolution centre, pick the right reason, if the payment was via PayPal I think ebay does the refund part for you.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks recped.

Maybe i did it backwards but.. i refunded fully thru Paypal (it then showed i refunded on ebay which is good)

I then did what you posted, and that is how the ebay fees come back to me ($16 or so)

So thank you very much.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The way you did it was correct.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Backwards works too but it can slow things down a bit. I think if you file first it's instant but if you refund and file the buyer has to confirm the cancellation.

Or I could be confused since this process seems to keep changing.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply