Huge problem with iPad sale

This is probably my worst experience so far on eBay.

A buyer bought a iPad Mini 4G from me and when she received it, immediately filed a case for item not as described saying it's not 4G.

So not only did she go straight for the not as described case, she's LYING about the item.

I asked her many times in the case to provide me of a picture of the iPad screen so we could clearly see the SIM card status on the screen but she never did.

She returned it with UPS and it arrived to my door and the delivery guy asked for.... 125$ of fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refused the package.

I really don't know if it was the right thing to do but I clearly could not afford to pay those fees. She put the tracking number in the case so it will show I refused the package.

What should I do now?

Should I call eBay and explain them the situation?

I'm so **bleep**...

Can I write in the case that she wrote too much value on the custom and that I had to pay 125 $ on delivery and propose to send her a prepaid shipping label?

PayPal already took my money (on hold) and I'm scared eBay will refund her even though I refused the package.

Please tell me what I should do.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes. Accept the item back and pay the UPS fee.

You can then go to CBSA (instructions are on the back of the UPS invoice, I believe) to have the amount adjusted and to get a refund. You will need your original invoice to the buyer as proof of value. 

You won't get the UPS customs brokerage fee back. 

Once you have the item and have confirmed that it is the one you sent (it probably is) you refund the customer. The Dispute ends and you don't have a violation on your record. The buyer can't leave feedback either. 

You SHOULD have told the buyer immediately that she should return the item (by USPS First Class International, which includes Delivery Confirmation )  rather than pooting about with pictures. 

Or of course, you can refuse the item.

It goes back to the buyer, who has to pay UPS for the redirect.

She leaves feedback, she leaves DSRs.

You get a violation for refusing the credit. You lose your selling price and your original shipping charge.

She gets an item she doesn't want, but which is apparently re-sellable with a corrected description.

Over to you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You don't understand.

I already REFUSED the package.

HOLY **bleep** this is the second time I deal with Russsians. First time I was scammed for 500$ and a iPhone and now the Russian woman is gonna steal this iPad from me??

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFDGFDGBGFDVBXNBF

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is why we don't sell to questionable countries any more.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As stated on a previous post, I do not sale anymore to ''questionable'' countries...

Too many issue, ''Not Received'' and delivery problem (?!?!?) AND especially with smartphone and accessories. Since july I only sale to my established Int'l buyers.

I'm sorry for you and I really understand your deception over this (or those) sale !

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When dealing with warranty/returns of the international variety, ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure to tell the customer to mark the customs form as "warranty return" or "return to seller" whatever.  Customs value $0 but they can insure it for whatever you wish. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply