I Appealing a closed case

I recently sold an item to a person who used a parcel forwarding service in the U.S. for shipping to the Soviet Union.  The item was not paid for until ten days after the auction closed.  Two days after the item was paid for the purchaser filed an item not received claim.  In the interim, I had shipped the item.  The case was escalated to a PayPal claim and PayPal decided in the purchaser favour and the case was closed.  Today, I received an email from the purchaser from her personal email account (she has since been banned from Ebay because of problems she caused with other purchasers) telling me that she has received the item and blamed me for being kicked off Ebay.

What I want to know is how I go about getting my $$ back from PayPal.  I contacted them and they said I had to deal with Ebay. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Actually, you have to deal with the buyer.

Send the buyer a PayPal invoice (money request) for the original amount refunded through PayPal.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

(1) Was the claim made on eBay or Paypal?  Paypal based on your information... 

(2) How was the item shipped?

(3) Was tracking available?

The item was delivered in the US and then forwarded to the Soviet Union...  Buyer got the item...

If tracking was available  and showed delivery to the US address, then no refund should have been made....

No tracking to show delivery  in the US... then payment was refunded

If the buyer received  a refund ..... then  buyer should be sent a new invoice....

and since buyer is no longer registered on eBay... and not happy with you... then the probability of receiving  a new payment is very, very low.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your only recourse at this time is to log on to the Better Business bureau In San Jose and file a claim. This is all done on Line. Dont bother with contacting Pay Pal or your customer, you wont get anywhere . In most cases Pay Pal will refund your money.

http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/get-consumer-help/

The problem is that if pay pal has already refunded the buyer, then Pay pal will do absolutely nothing but give you the run around. No matter how much in the right you are. Believe me I speak from experience.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I know your pain! I spent about six hours, half a dozen emails, which elicited only canned responses three phone calls to paypal that reieved promises of action but nothing happened and finally a fourth call to Paypal and requesting a Supervisor before they could manage to clear an E-cheque that had been out of my bank account for eleven days. They blamed it on weekends and batching of funds, blah blah blah. Oh I did get an apology from the supervisor for my six hours time.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply