I am having a terrible time trying to print Paypal labels

I have decided not to use Shippo until some of the kinks are worked out, I see some many problems coming up on this forum,  but I am having a very hard time trying to print Paypal labels.

I have a package to mail to the UK today, small package air. If I try to print a label through eBay.com I get a message:

Invalid from postal code

If I try to print directly through .ca I get a message:

Your buyer has chosen a Canada Post shipping label. These labels cannot be printed through eBay.

Click on the "Go to Shippo site" to print this shipping label.

I thought we were not forced to use Shippo.

If I go directly through Paypal, my print label comes up as a download, which I have to click on, this had been happening for a couple of weeks, but it works. For the last couple of days, I get a message that the download has failed.

Can someone help me PLEASE!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I am having a terrible time trying to print Paypal labels

Thank you Dennis, the shipping was charged. I clicked on the Paypal transaction, and then on reprint label, that time it didn't come up as failed, and I could print it, but it is a real hassle. I couldn't do the label

You are not forced to use Shippo -- you can ship however you want.

But, if you want to use eBay's Canada Post discount, then Shippo is required.

...Thank you Dennis, the shipping was charged. I clicked on the Paypal transaction, and then on reprint label, that time it didn't come up as failed, and I could print it, but it is a real hassle.

I couldn't do the label at all through .com, it said I could only use Shippo. Next time I will try using the solutions for small business, I have had Venture one for about 15 years.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@triber wrote:
I have a package to mail to the UK today, small package air. If I try to print a label through eBay.com I get a message:
Invalid from postal code

No surprise -- Canada Post is only a choice when on ebay.CA

@triber wrote:
If I try to print directly through .ca I get a message:

Your buyer has chosen a Canada Post shipping label. These labels cannot be printed through eBay.

Click on the "Go to Shippo site" to print this shipping label.

I thought we were not forced to use Shippo.

@triber wrote:
If I go directly through Paypal, my print label comes up as a download, which I have to click on, this had been happening for a couple of weeks, but it works. For the last couple of days, I get a message that the download has failed.

Do check to see if PayPal has charged you for the label.

If they have, then you should have the option to reprint the label or ask that it be cancelled.

IF you don't want to try Shippo and PayPal is not working, then go to www.canadapost.ca and sign in to your Solutions for Small Business (formerly called Venture One) account.

2 shipping choices: You can try to use Snap Ship (15% discount until July 31 because it is in beta test mode), if that does not work then use EST Online. Credit card required for both Snap Ship and EST Online.

Address setup will be the copy and paste method (unlike Shippo or PayPal).

-..-

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thank you Dennis, the shipping was charged. I clicked on the Paypal transaction, and then on reprint label, that time it didn't come up as failed, and I could print it, but it is a real hassle. I couldn't do the label

...Thank you Dennis, the shipping was charged. I clicked on the Paypal transaction, and then on reprint label, that time it didn't come up as failed, and I could print it, but it is a real hassle.

I couldn't do the label at all through .com, it said I could only use Shippo. Next time I will try using the solutions for small business, I have had Venture one for about 15 years.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

It might be worth your while to try shippo for some of your labels. For a small packet to the UK I paid $8.39 the other day rather than $10.27.  I've used Shippo a few times and the only glitch I noticed was that with international labels you have to mark the item shipped on ebay and enter the tracking number. Apparently they are trying to fix that.

Others have complained about the billing. I haven't been billed yet and haven't had any amounts taken out of paypal but since I always have a balance in there and I'm not that busy, it isn't a big deal for me.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@triber wrote:

For the month of July it's worth shopping around.

My thoughts on Canada Post for in Canada:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Shipping-in-Canada-eBay-Shippo-vs-Snap-Ship-vs-PayPal/m-p...

and some July rate testing for USA:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/July-rates-eBay-Shippo-vs-Canada-Post-Snap-Ship-vs-PayPal...

-..-

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Others have complained about the billing. I haven't been billed yet and haven't had any amounts taken out of paypal but since I always have a balance in there and I'm not that busy, it isn't a big deal for me.

Concerning that point, I contacted Shippo and they decreased my "billing" minimum to $0.05. So now, it is done automatically every time I buy a label. I suggest sellers to contact them too. They responded to my many questions in 20 minutes. 😉

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Concerning that point, I contacted Shippo and they decreased my "billing" minimum to $0.05. So now, it is done automatically every time I buy a label. I suggest sellers to contact them too. They responded to my many questions in 20 minutes. 😉

Who exactly did you deal with because I am being told they can not and will not lower the purchase threshold.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I wrote them a message through their website.

https://support.goshippo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

In the "Category" option, I chose "eBay Canada or Canada Post".

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It might be worth your while to try shippo for some of your labels. For a small packet to the UK I paid $8.39 the other day rather than $10.27.  I've used Shippo a few times and the only glitch I noticed was that with international labels you have to mark the item shipped on ebay and enter the tracking number. Apparently they are trying to fix that.

The tracking upload issue only impacted the small packets product line. Shippo has now fixed the problem. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lady.stark wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That's great to hear. While there have been a few growing pains on the new platform, we're consistently hearing positive things about Shippo's customer support. 

From our perspective, the team at Shippo is very responsive and easy to work with. We love our friends over at PayPal, but with labels being more of a sideline business for them, it was hard for them to be as fast at jumping on issues as the Shippo team have been. Labels is Shippo's entire business, and the team there are really excited about working with eBay. Their commitment and follow-through on customer issues has been really good. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I wrote them a message through their website.

https://support.goshippo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

In the "Category" option, I chose "eBay Canada or Canada Post".

Thank you. I changed the Category as suggested and they responded and changed within 5 minutes. Have yet to test.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is pity that we are not allowed to have the options to choose PayPal Shipping or Shippo or Canada Post website but not be forced to  use Shippo while it has tech problems and with insane requirements like credit card as if everyone has a credit card.  In fact 11 tenants in my building don't have a credit card.  Duh to Canada Post!!!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

It is pity that we are not allowed to have the options to choose PayPal Shipping or Shippo or Canada Post website but not be forced to  use Shippo while it has tech problems and with insane requirements like credit card as if everyone has a credit card.  In fact 11 tenants in my building don't have a credit card.  Duh to Canada Post!!!

Shippo DOES NOT require a credit card.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does they accept payment method?  I tried to register and was unable to go through it fully due their asking for the credit card number.  So how the heck do you get through it??

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I don't remember that far back -- I think I used an eBay email message to get setup.

goShippo probably only gives the paypal option if eBay is linked (Shippo is a multi-site label company)

Shippo Connect.jpg

What I see for payment options with eBay connected...

Shippo Billing.jpg

-..-

Message 15 of 15
latest reply