I can no longer sign into Paypal Shipnow to print labels for non ebay sales.

Does anyone know how to print Canada Post shipping labels through Paypal for non ebay sales?  I used to be able to do this but cannot figure out how to do it.  My link does not work anymore.

I called Paypal and they said to type Paypal.com/shipnow into the browser but that leads me to a log in page and after I log in I am at my Paypal summary page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@nancyschina wrote:

Does anyone know how to print Canada Post shipping labels through Paypal for non ebay sales?  I used to be able to do this but cannot figure out how to do it.  My link does not work anymore.

It stopped working last week when paypal programmers closed this shipping loophole for Canadians -- shipping now appears to be restricted to sales transactions made through paypal.

You can still buy shipping through Canada Post, but (at first tier levels) the rates will be the same as over the counter.

There are a bunch of other threads on this topic here in the eBay forums (and not surprisingly, over on the .ca part of the river)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@nancyschina wrote:

I called Paypal and they said to type Paypal.com/shipnow into the browser but that leads me to a log in page and after I log in I am at my Paypal summary page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please see:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/I-m-Looking-for-a-Link-to-a-Blank-Shipping-Label-in-PayPa...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the replies.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This is a non-eBay sale?

From your PP Money page click on the arrow on the right.

That takes you to the invoice your buyer paid.

Scroll to the bottom.

Click on Shipping Label.

And continue.

I just did this so it should work. I didn't complete the label because I'm not shipping that purchase today.

Where did it stop working for you?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There was no Paypal invoice.  I actually wanted to estimate the shipping cost of an item before I listed it and wanted to use the Paypal shipping center.  I ended up taking some advice from another thread.  I had my husband send me $1.00 through Paypal and I used that transaction to estimate the shipping cost of the item(s).  I like to see what the actual cost will be in US $ so I can put that amount in the auction.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wouldn't it be easier just to use Calculated Shipping?

That way your customer sees the cost of shipping to his doorstep, no matter where he lives.

You have to enter the weight and dimensions of the parcel in the Sell Your Item form, and choose the service you will be using. You can add a 'handling/packaging' fee.

If you do this, use metric measurements. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other measuring system will give inaccurate results. Remember that rates change on a cm. or gram.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply