I just had to open an unpaid item for 2 items after 14 other claims why is this seller still allowed

After having waited 8 days for payment on two items I had to open an unpaid item request. After looking at the buyers feedback more closely I counted 14 other purchases that where not paid for..............I had the understanding after 10 ebay pulls the plug on these people I will be # 15 & 16 and who knows right now how many more. The buyers feedback shows all Positive since the feedback is only allowed as Positive from the Seller. ...... I don't want to be rude but that is bull....If a buyer does not pay why should we as sellers not have the rights to leave a NEGATIVE.....and why is this buyer allowed to continually buy and not pay ..The feedback system does not work if buyers and sellers can't both be honest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I just had to open an unpaid item for 2 items after 14 other claims why is this seller still allowed

Do you make use of the ability to block buyers with unpaid item strikes?

Those false positives that other sellers left, if they had actually filed UPI's they wouldn't have been able to leave that feedback.

You've done your part by filing, now make sure you have your blocks in place and you will no longer need to care if they are still on eBay because they won't be able to buy from you.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Here's where you can automatically Block bidders who have Unpaid Item Strikes.

http://pages.ebay.ca/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

There are a few other Blocks you can consider, but that is the most useful.

Your preference may differ, but I send a polite note on Day Three after purchase asking if the customer requires assistance in completing the purchase. This seems to kickstart the slow payers into action. Those buyers will also usually apologize and leave positive feedback.

If there is no result, I open the Unpaid Item Dispute on Day Four, the earliest possible in any case.

Sellers who are leaving false positives are just ignorant of how rid the site of deadbeats and thrill bidders.I notice that you do not yet have 10 Detailed Seller Ratings which have been in place for a couple of years. I wonder if those you are seeing are also new sellers who haven't figured out the current system?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do you make use of the ability to block buyers with unpaid item strikes?

Those false positives that other sellers left, if they had actually filed UPI's they wouldn't have been able to leave that feedback.

You've done your part by filing, now make sure you have your blocks in place and you will no longer need to care if they are still on eBay because they won't be able to buy from you.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Here's where you can automatically Block bidders who have Unpaid Item Strikes.

http://pages.ebay.ca/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

There are a few other Blocks you can consider, but that is the most useful.

Your preference may differ, but I send a polite note on Day Three after purchase asking if the customer requires assistance in completing the purchase. This seems to kickstart the slow payers into action. Those buyers will also usually apologize and leave positive feedback.

If there is no result, I open the Unpaid Item Dispute on Day Four, the earliest possible in any case.

Sellers who are leaving false positives are just ignorant of how rid the site of deadbeats and thrill bidders.I notice that you do not yet have 10 Detailed Seller Ratings which have been in place for a couple of years. I wonder if those you are seeing are also new sellers who haven't figured out the current system?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Good day, Thank-you for the info, I will use your suggestions. Funny thing is I have almost 2400 feedback with 100% positive on my other ebay site....antique porcelain,glass and collectables since 2004 and have never had a problem.. Strange that I have had three buyers do this same action in the last month on this site. but I'm always open for ideas and suggestions! Thank-you again !

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ooooh! Purses!

It may have something to do with demographics. I rarely have problems but I put it down to selling books, postage, stamps for collectors, postcards and dress patterns.

All sell to people who can and do read. And tend to be precision minded.

I suppose collectors of glass and china also are looking for an exact item to fit the collection.

There also may be fewer in our categories who use mobile devices to shop. Mobile views show less detail than laptop/desktop views.

Which may also mean we are dealing with the out of touch old biddies and not with impulsive youth.

Well, maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you, with your... very fine hat. But I do business. We're here for business.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 5 of 5
latest reply