I list on .COM and my .CA customers cant select local pickup

We are having a big issue lately selling in Canada for pickup customers. eBay tells us to list our items on .com because its eBay motors rather then .Ca. and they claim my sales will stay 10% higher. 

Now my customers cant select local pickup. Anyone know any way around this? It obviously see's Canadian customers as international cause I list on .COM so I'm guessing that's why they cant select it. But with this eBay Cad dollar migration they told me to keep listing on .com....Big cluster!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I don't believe you can have local pickup in a different country, as it is local not international, but not positive

If you want "local pickup" in Canada, you would have to list on the Canadian site.

I take what Ebay says as a grain of salt.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I did some listing and I could not see a way.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

What you might do, is list on .ca only for Canadians and international.  Then on .com list only for US, no Canada.  As long as you don't over lap the shipping, you should be fine. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Ya I started listing on the ebay.ca at the beginning and it confused most of the USA customers with the Dollar when paying with Paypal...

Most of our customers are still on the USA side so I would love to keep listing in US dollar on .COM so it doesn't confuse my main audience and keep the local pickup option for my Canadian customers! I will call eBay. I will let you know if I can solve this. I doubt many other people have this problem!
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

The biggest problem I can foresee is having the same item listed on two sites-- Canada including local pickup and USA with shipping only with Canada blocked.

But if you have multiples of your items, there isn't a great problem.

We faced the same problem only different when we had our B&M store.

One of the most important jobs was to go to the eBay account (and a few other online accounts) and delete the unique items that had sold in the shop or 'St Elsewhere' before they sold again.

We used an inventory number on every item and recorded that number in our daybook. Yep, wrote it down. Low tech but it worked pretty well.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I cant picture us listing on .com and .ca. I think it would be a big cluster in the end!

I'm hoping eBay can go into my account and add local pickup to all of my ad's but I have a feeling eBay wouldn't even think to help. We will see. It should be a easy process for them to do, I think its just a matter of getting the right person on the phone(wish me luck!)
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@bgpowersports wrote:
I cant picture us listing on .com and .ca. I think it would be a big cluster in the end!

I'm hoping eBay can go into my account and add local pickup to all of my ad's but I have a feeling eBay wouldn't even think to help. We will see. It should be a easy process for them to do, I think its just a matter of getting the right person on the phone(wish me luck!)

That will not happen. It is simply a non-part of the SYI form.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Now I guess my next question that leads to another problem If I keep going this way. When my local pickup guys get refunded the shipping charge do I still pay the FVF fee on the shipping charge when refunded through Paypal? I hope so! Because that is how I've been doing it lately.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

If the buyer paid for shipping then yes you do pay fvf on that amount even if you refund. If they were able to put the item in the cart, ask for an invoice and you sent them one w/out shipping....then you wouldn't pay fvf.  The cart isn't 100% reliable though.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Yah that's half of my problem. Sometimes the buyers cant figure out how to commit or add to cart even though I have it as a option. I got some re-thinking to do here about how to go about all of this! The FVF fee's on shipping when refunded is a joke, but they know it and it pays for the big yatchs for the CEO's I guess.

Thanks for the answers everyone.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Do you sell that much local pickup that the FVF on shipping is an issue?

Photobucket
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Yes we do sell a lot of local pickup items. A few a day. So at the end of the month it will hit me around $50 I'm guessing and I'm getting sick of all these fee's and whatnot that sure add up!
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

That is $1.66 a day.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Well it gets a lot worse then that. Today I had at least 9 pickup orders.

I betting I'm losing more then $50 per month.

Then we start talking about the cart option. I have the cart option turned on for combined shipping. I'm doing combined shipping refunds because it forces people to pay before I send invoice. These fee's are adding up a lot more then I think!
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

is there no option to zero out the shipping when you send a invoice, ieven if you selected a shipping service, then zero it out, and ad a note in the message section that it is local pick up, your customers wouldn't have to be refunded and you would have no fvf.. you would just have to add a blurb on your auction listings that if they want to pick up, please wait for an adjusted invoice..

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Yes with some people they can figure it out. Most people cannot and just pay and then I do a refund! A lot of people are having issues to "not pay" before I send invoice total! But Yes I might have to add a Note to all my adds.

I don't request immediate payment either! Its like a little "glitch" that eBay loves(fvf fee's)!
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

When eBay brought in FVF on shipping, they lowered other fees. My overall fees went down.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 18
latest reply