I'm Looking for a Link to a Blank Shipping Label in PayPal

I used to use the following link when I wanted a blank shipping label in PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Now this just takes me to my summary page.  I've looked all over but I can't find the blank label.  The link may have changed when PayPal revamped its site a while back.

Can you help?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

@jt-libra wrote:

I used to use the following link when I wanted a blank shipping label in PayPal.

Now this just takes me to my summary page.  I've looked all over but I can't find the blank label.  The link may have changed when PayPal revamped its site a while back.

That link died this week.

Part of the eBay / PayPal split into separate companies.

Only way to get to shipping now is through an existing eBay transaction on PayPal.

Message 2 of 92
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

Only way to get to shipping now is through an existing eBay transaction on PayPal.

Thanks a lot.  That's unfortunate ... I guess PayPal has nothing to gain by allowing its users to create random labels -- except goodwill!

Message 3 of 92
latest reply

Okay, now I'm confused.

It's been years since I've used the Canada Post website.  I'm sending a parcel of a size and weight that I've shipped often to a family member in Alberta.  The usual cost on PayPal was approx. $11.00 for expedited parcel.

The website gives me an option of Priority Post, Expresspost ($20.00) and Regular Parcel ($15.00).  Expedited was not shown so I'm assuming on the Canada Post site, it's called Expresspost?  I know that we received a discount on PayPal but I know it wasn't a 50% discount.  Plus there was no place to enter my Venture One number to receive a 5% discount.

Then I found my way to the Electronic Shipping Tools screen.  My Venture One number was pre-filled.  I completed all the information but could not proceed to the next screen because I had not completed three fields which did not even exist.

Holy smokes!  I can't believe I just spent 3 hours trying to find a blank label and then trying to manoeuver the CP website and I still don't have a label.

For those of you who use the CP website, can you help, please?

Message 4 of 92
latest reply

Not Xpresspost. Expedited Parcel is a business service within Canada so it will not show on the Find-a-Rate page which is for personal non-business services.

To see Expedited Parcel, enter your information on the Find-a-Rate page, you will get the cost for the Regular Parcel, Xpresspost and Priority. At the top is a blue box "with solutions to small business" and a clickable link called Show minimum online savings for Expedited Parcel rates.

As for how to use Electronic Tools Online, I do not know. I either used PayPal Shipping or went to the post office with a Venture One card.

Message 5 of 92
latest reply

It's probably not helpful, but...

I wanted the discount from PP for a package I was sending to our firm back east. So I got the office manager to send me a penny payment via PP Send Money.

Now I had a 'transaction' and could make a label for the shipment.

But I don't think I'd try that with a random customer.

Message 6 of 92
latest reply

That's a very bad news. I hope someone here will find a working link to a blank label Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 92
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Not Xpresspost. Expedited Parcel is a business service within Canada so it will not show on the Find-a-Rate page which is for personal non-business services.

To see Expedited Parcel, enter your information on the Find-a-Rate page, you will get the cost for the Regular Parcel, Xpresspost and Priority. At the top is a blue box "with solutions to small business" and a clickable link called Show minimum online savings for Expedited Parcel rates.

As for how to use Electronic Tools Online, I do not know. I either used PayPal Shipping or went to the post office with a Venture One card.

Thanks poco.  I had a visitor so just now saw your post.  I followed your instructions, up to and including Show minimum online savings for Expedited Parcel rates.  But from there, I couldn't find my way to an actual label.  The price was $14.00 which would be comparable to the PayPal price without the discount. 

It looks like I'll have to type up an address label, paste it on the parcel and buy the postage at the postal outlet.  I don't even know where my Venture One card is.  It feels like going back in time and doing everything the way it was done years ago.

This is so ridiculous, there are no words.  I never did like the Canada Post website but even less now!

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 92
latest reply

If you have any payments received you didnt print a labl for you can start a label from that and edit the to address

Message 9 of 92
latest reply

I don't know if anyone cares, but this is how I finally managed to do it.  I'm really good with computers by the way (lest someone thinks I've been bumbling along here LOL) so I shudder to think how an inexperienced person could make their way around the CP website.

Click-and-ship didn't work.  I finally got to the Online Business Center, Electronic Shipping Tools.  In the screenshot below, I ran into problems when I selected from the left hand column, Ship in Canada under Order Entry.  This is where you couldn't proceed unless you completed fields which weren't even there.  So then I selected under Express Order Entry, Ship in Canada (Parcels).  That gave me the Expedited Parcel screen and the Venture One number was filled in.  I was able to complete the info and enter my payment information.  Mind you, along the way, there were a couple of lost screens and a few page refreshes but finally I was able to select Print Label.  At that point, the next screen said "page not found", so I didn't know if the label had indeed been completed and my credit card charged.  I used the back browser and refreshed and finally a summary page popped up with a line showing my order.  I clicked on that and I got a print prompt.

I do recall using this website a few years ago and things seemed to go a whole lot more smoothly.

EST-2.jpg 

Message 10 of 92
latest reply

I just noticed another very serious problem!

I refunded a buyer (overpaid shipping fee), and the link "print shipping label" DISAPPEARED!!!!!

I can't print the label anymore!!

Message 11 of 92
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

If you have any payments received you didnt print a labl for you can start a label from that and edit the to address

You know, I did that once, a long time ago.  I edited all the address information, deleting the buyer's information, and created a new label for a personal transaction.  A couple of days later, the original buyer messaged me asking me what I was shipping to her because she had received an e-mail notification indicating an item had been shipped.  I explained what happened.

There was nothing that I could see which would connect that label to the original buyer but something did, so I never tried it again.

Message 12 of 92
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

I just noticed another very serious problem!

I refunded a buyer (overpaid shipping fee), and the link "print shipping label" DISAPPEARED!!!!!

I can't print the label anymore!!

Erratum: the "print shipping label" reappeared. That was a glitch.

Message 13 of 92
latest reply

38e_avenue wrote: 
Erratum: the "print shipping label" reappeared. That was a glitch.

Whew!

Message 14 of 92
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

It might be just a glitch that needs to be fixed because U.S. Paypal users can still access the shipnow link.  If it was because of the split I don't think that that page would exist for anybody.
Message 15 of 92
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It might be just a glitch that needs to be fixed because U.S. Paypal users can still access the shipnow link.  If it was because of the split I don't think that that page would exist for anybody.

Are you sure they can access that link?

Message 16 of 92
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Are you sure they can access that link?

I spoke with a rep at PayPal yesterday and it is indeed a glitch effecting some, but not all users. The rep was still able to access the blank shipping portal while I was on the phone with him but I was rerouted to my summary page with every attempt.

I was told that it is now with the web tech people as a ticket to be adressed. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as it is definitely the most convenient way to accurately get your shipping fees for listing.

Cheers,

thD.

Message 17 of 92
latest reply

Yes, I'm sure. I asked some people to check before I posted here about it.

I believe that it is only affecting Canadians.

Message 18 of 92
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Yes, I'm sure. I asked some people to check before I posted here about it.

I believe that it is only affecting Canadians.

I called back in to PayPal this morning and I am very unhappy to report that the rep I spoke to last evening was full of you know what. The blank shipping portal acess has been removed. PERIOD! I could not get any info regading Canada vs USA access.

I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get some answers and got nothing but a bunch 0of doubletalk and no answers as to why this was removed without warning. I asked for viable options for accurate estimation of shipping costs and they offered nothing.

What a ridiculous state of affairs.

Strangely, this coincides with my being very close to implementiing my own webstore and I can tell you who won't be getting a piece of that action, the clowns at PayPal, that's whoo!

Sheesh!

Message 19 of 92
latest reply

" no answers as to why this was removed "

Please allow me to suggest an answer: 

eBay and PayPal are now two totally separate companies (eBay no longer owns PayPal).

Message 20 of 92
latest reply