I'm Looking for a Link to a Blank Shipping Label in PayPal

I used to use the following link when I wanted a blank shipping label in PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&

Now this just takes me to my summary page.  I've looked all over but I can't find the blank label.  The link may have changed when PayPal revamped its site a while back.

Can you help?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

@pierrelebel wrote:

" no answers as to why this was removed "

Please allow me to suggest an answer: 

eBay and PayPal are now two totally separate companies (eBay no longer owns PayPal).

Of course .... but I think it's extremely shortsighted.  eBay sellers and buyers are the prime users of PayPal, although I know more and more online merchants are accepting it, so why remove something that could benefit all those users?  And encourage sellers to keep using it?

PayPal is always advertising that it can be used in so many ways, for all types of personal and business purposes.  There are any number of reasons why a user wants and needs a blank label.  If they think it's necessary, then take the discount away but, for crying out loud, leave the functionality.  Seriously, this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for sellers on the brink of deciding whether to go or stay.

Like treasure hunter states:  What a ridiculous state of affairs.

Message 21 of 92
latest reply

"eBay sellers and buyers are the prime users of PayPal"

It used to be that way... many years ago.

PayPal today - and for the last many years - gets most of its business away from eBay.  That is one of the main reasons why they went their separate way - to allow PayPal to grow faster without being attached to eBay.

Message 22 of 92
latest reply

I just noted in another thread that Pierre wrote:

"Most of PayPal revenues already comes from sellers other than eBay. "

I'm in no position to argue that point; I simply recall reading something a while back that said 65% of PayPal's revenue came from eBay.  The article could have been wrong and/or the situation could have changed.

That doesn't change, however, the comments I made in my post about their shortsightedness.

Message 23 of 92
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"eBay sellers and buyers are the prime users of PayPal"

It used to be that way... many years ago.

PayPal today - and for the last many years - gets most of its business away from eBay.  That is one of the main reasons why they went their separate way - to allow PayPal to grow faster without being attached to eBay.

It looks like each of our last posts crossed paths.  I happened to see your comment on the PayPal board.

Message 24 of 92
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

eBay and PayPal are now two totally separate companies (eBay no longer owns PayPal).

That doesn't explain why it is still available for U.S. users.

Message 25 of 92
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

However PayPal wants to continue to sell us shipping labels without any means to acccurately estimate the cost of those labels. So with all due respect that's not a particularly accurate or helpful answer!

Message 26 of 92
latest reply

"PayPal wants to continue to sell us shipping labels"

I think you have identified the problem.

eBay wants to sell these shipping labels.  Paypal is not the seller here, just the money collector, taking from sellers and giving to Pitney Bowes who administers the program on behalf of Canada Post and eBay.

"...not a particularly accurate or helpful answer!"

What can I say?  I do the best I can with the information I have.

Maybe you should ask Raphael.  He has his Weekly Hour at this time:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/July-29th-2015-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/308549#U3...

Possibly since he works for eBay (I do not)  he could have a more accurate and helpful answer for you.

Message 27 of 92
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

eBay wants to sell these shipping labels.  Paypal is not the seller here, just the money collector, taking from sellers and giving to Pitney Bowes who administers the program on behalf of Canada Post and eBay.

This is what I don't understand.  Now that eBay and PayPal have split, sellers are now both eBay users and PayPal users, together with countless other merchants who are PayPal users only.  So are we all denied the use of a simple blank label, I wonder.

Message 28 of 92
latest reply

"So are we all denied the use of a simple blank label, I wonder."

Ask Raphael.  He may have an answer.

Message 29 of 92
latest reply

U P D A T E

I sent an e-mail to PayPal this morning. This is their response to my question about the absence of the blank shipping label feature:

------------------------------

"You are correct. The ShipNow webpage has been removed. We will be releasing an updated shipping option soon. I am sorry that I do not have a specific date. In the meantime, please use the CanadaPost.ca website to print labels.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you for being part of the PayPal community."

Message 30 of 92
latest reply

wonder if it comes back at the "ebay rate" or at full CP retail.  Not the the discount is very much anymore

Message 31 of 92
latest reply

My first thought when I see "new and approved" or "updated" is more expensive 🙂

Message 32 of 92
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

wonder if it comes back at the "ebay rate" or at full CP retail.  Not the the discount is very much anymore

It's not that much but it's still more than the Small Business discount that Canada Post offers. It's about $1.50 CDN more on Tracked Packet and it varies on Expedited but it's enough more that to lose it would be devastating.

We already struggle  to compete with US sellers because of the high cost of shipping and any decrease to the discount will simply be that much more that we have to absorb. The most recent Canada Post parcel hikes saw 25%+ increases to some Expedited parcels. That's the epitome of a bully monopoly!

It should really be a moot point. If Canada Post wasn't padding their pension plan, ridiculous wages and benefits etc by robbing us blind we wouldn't have to worry about the extra few pennies we getf rom PayPal. If Ebay wasn't charging us a percentage on shipping that they have absolutely no right to charge we could breath a little easier as well.

BTW, speaking of Ebay, who was asleep at the wheel while this happened? Doesn't speak well to Ebay Canada looking out for us does it?

These are all reasons that when my own webstore is up and running and I can finally close my account on Ebay I will dance a little jig.

Message 33 of 92
latest reply

Forever in your debt, Femme Fan.....I have been sitting on a package since Monday night that I was sending to a friend and wanted to use PayPal account funds to do it. I have talked to PayPal every day and they keep saying they are putting in tickets, are aware, working on it etc and I  just tried your way and sent myself money from hubbies account and voila the ship button was there and I modified the address to send to and it worked.....thanks so much for the work around, I was literally pulling my hair out....

Message 34 of 92
latest reply

@linaka54 wrote:

Forever in your debt, Femme Fan.....I have been sitting on a package since Monday night that I was sending to a friend and wanted to use PayPal account funds to do it. I have talked to PayPal every day and they keep saying they are putting in tickets, are aware, working on it etc and I  just tried your way and sent myself money from hubbies account and voila the ship button was there and I modified the address to send to and it worked.....thanks so much for the work around, I was literally pulling my hair out....

Good workaround but I guess would only work if you know someone with another PayPal account?

Message 35 of 92
latest reply

Just in case if anybody updated to Windows 10, shipping label is not compatible yet with PP. You will not be able to print shipping labels.

Message 36 of 92
latest reply

That is interesting.

The question was asked last Wednesday at the Board Hour:

Microsoft will be introducing Windows 10 with its new browser this week.

Is eBay ready?

Answer from Raphael: Yes, as far as I know.

Message 37 of 92
latest reply

No worries here, eBay is doing great with Windows 10. I like it better than with any other browsers.

I sent request about shipping labels and Paypal response was -  "As of this moment, PayPal is only supporting Windows 9 and below."

Message 38 of 92
latest reply

@bestchoicebrand wrote:

No worries here, eBay is doing great with Windows 10. I like it better than with any other browsers.

I sent request about shipping labels and Paypal response was -  "As of this moment, PayPal is only supporting Windows 9 and below."

Windows 9? I don't think there is any such thing as Win 9! 

Message 39 of 92
latest reply

@bestchoicebrand wrote:

Just in case if anybody updated to Windows 10, shipping label is not compatible yet with PP. You will not be able to print shipping labels.

Thank you so much for mentioning this on the boards!  I bought a laptop last summer with Windows 8.1 and had accepted the invitation to upgrade to 10, but I'm going to postpone uploading Windows 10 because of this.  I can't afford to do without Paypal labels (and the discounts on Expedited especially!). 

Incidentally, is it just a problem with the new Windows 10 browser that won't work with Paypal labels, i.e., do you think Google Chrome might still be OK even with Windows 10?  I don't want to try an experiment and get stuck with Windows 10 and no Paypal label function. 

Message 40 of 92
latest reply