I'm a ghost now??

Looks like another glitch day!!

Here's what happens when I search on my own ID:

"The seller User ID you entered was not found."

I can search on other sellers..... they come back ok! Where'd I go!

I also can't get into "Manage your Store" (that's the only way I know to open up selling manager....

Sigh, another one of those days it seems....

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I'm a ghost now??

'that's the only way I know to open up selling manager...."

Click on "my eBay" top of the page - select "Selling"

PS - If you subscribe to Selling Manager on .com instead of .ca, simply change the URL from .ca to .com.  It will work.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

Hi Pierre! GREAT! That got me to selling manager AOK THX!!!!

I've also discovered everyone who has anything for sale comes back the same way so there are lotsa ghosts.... only sellers with nothing for sale come back ok......I only happened to pick sellers with nothing for sale in my original tests....
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

You are correct.  It shows I have nothing for sale!

No wonder sales have been slow today. Smiley Sad

Oh well.... I should not care as I am closing my eBay store today and the few auction listings remaining are also ending today.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the rest of my life! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

Yes it is unfortunate that it is happening today.... maybe it makes it a little easier to leave, as in putting frustrations like this behind you!!!
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

I'm "unghosted" now, hopefully everything else is back too...
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

You'll still hang around here, though, right?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

You betcha, I guess I was a "ghost writer" for a while today! 😉
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

Hi Pierre

Best wishes on your retirement. It is well deserved.

You could still drop by to chat once in a while as we can always use your expertise

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

Ooops Femme, I missed the fact you were talking to Pierre!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

Hey Pierre...I never posted much but I read a lot of your messages over the years and always found them helpful...Enjoy retirement and come back once in a while for a visit...Cheers!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

izzame
Community Member

It seems I am a ghost also, not feeling to "special" about that. In saying that I assume that most buyers search for the specific item that they are looking for as opposed to a specific store name or sellers name. ebay will have those stats and it would be nice if they could share that info with us.

When I do a search for my store name or seller name I get has 0 items for sale but bellow that it shows @20 items (didn't count) in reality I have over 200 items listed.

Seriously, what am I paying ebay for if you can't see my stuff. I feel like $$$$ literally out the window. Sarcastically , IF I was in a position to through money out the window, I think my neighbours would appreciate, need and put it to better use than eBay is. I honestly feel, we are paying for a service and definitely NOT receiving that service.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

I noticed this a couple of days ago...When I use 'find a member' function, any name I search comes up but none of the sellers have a link under 'sellers items' like they used to.  There is a link to click on a store if they have one but if the seller doesn't have a store, there is no straight forward way to see their items.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/ebayadvsearch?_skipfnorm=1&_sofindtype=25

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I'm a ghost now??

Best of luck in your retirement!  I too have often read your posts over the years and found them really helpful and I thank you for that. Hopefully you will still come back and visit on the boards once in awhile.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply