I'm confused! Questions about shipping labels

I have the following questions:

I saw in an earlier thread that Light Packet was back. I just had to print a label, and it was not there.

I keep seeing comments about doing a Paypal label through eBay, when I try to do that I get a message from USPS that I can't ship from that site, is that because I list on .com?

The new labels are very small in the new format, is there a way to enlarge them? It seems that some mail people would find it hard to read the address.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi Triber, you need to log in on eBay.ca then go to your item on your My eBay page, then to your item to be shipped and click on Print Shipping Label. That should take you to the PayPal/Canada Post label page.  At least, that's how I do it and I list on .com too. Sorry, haven't had to print a light Pkt label yet today so can't help with that, although it's supposed to be working again. If a label is printing small you could try another browser, that sometimes works.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Vintagenorth:Thank you, I never thought of doing it from .ca, to be honest, I almost never go to my Canadian account. I tried Chome, but the label is still the same size. It used to be easier when the the actual label  and instructions were one on top of the other, now they are sideways, I couldn't find a way to enlarge them.

I tried going to advanced and paper and changing the size, but is only changes length but not width, to the actual address part doesn't change is size.

I don't know what kind of a printer you have but I have an HP without a lot of bells and whistles .... it prints, copies and scans which is all I need.  Because I don't have the print option to increase or decrease that reallynicestamps has, I take the small label and copy it at 130% and, side by side, you wouldn't be able to tell which one was the original.  I've often copied and reduced the size as well.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Hi Triber, you need to log in on eBay.ca then go to your item on your My eBay page, then to your item to be shipped and click on Print Shipping Label. That should take you to the PayPal/Canada Post label page.  At least, that's how I do it and I list on .com too. Sorry, haven't had to print a light Pkt label yet today so can't help with that, although it's supposed to be working again. If a label is printing small you could try another browser, that sometimes works.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@triber wrote:
...The new labels are very small in the new format, ... some mail people would find it hard to read the address.

I use a yellow hi-lighter marker to make the address stand out.

And if I think a label address is too small I add a second "big" buyer address to the side of the parcel for additional identification.

-..-

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Before you click on Print, check to see if your printer popup allows you to enlarge the label.

I've changed mine from 100% to 135% but also to 85% from time to time (but not lately).

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Vintagenorth:Thank you, I never thought of doing it from .ca, to be honest, I almost never go to my Canadian account. I tried Chome, but the label is still the same size. It used to be easier when the the actual label  and instructions were one on top of the other, now they are sideways, I couldn't find a way to enlarge them.

I tried going to advanced and paper and changing the size, but is only changes length but not width, to the actual address part doesn't change is size.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thanks Femmefan, I will try that next time. I know I am old and my eyes are not the best, but I have a hard time reading the address on the new label, and I am concerned that others might have the same problem.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Good idea, I will do that in future. Thanks.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Hi Triber, yes the only time I really go to the .ca site is for label printing and when I am buying on eBay. Anyway, glad I could help.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@triber wrote:

I don't know what kind of a printer you have but I have an HP without a lot of bells and whistles .... it prints, copies and scans which is all I need.  Because I don't have the print option to increase or decrease that reallynicestamps has, I take the small label and copy it at 130% and, side by side, you wouldn't be able to tell which one was the original.  I've often copied and reduced the size as well.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

jt, I have an HP printer as well. How on earth do you copy at a larger size? Often wondered how to do that! Thanks.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

jt, I have an HP printer as well. How on earth do you copy at a larger size? Often wondered how to do that! Thanks.

When I select "copy" on the small screen on my printer -- in my case, by pressing OK -- I see this menu:

Start Black Copy

Start Color Copy

Copies

2 Sided

Paper Type

Resize

Lighter/Darker

I keep pressing the down arrow until I hit Resize. When I press OK, I have a choice of Actual Size, Fit to Page or Custom Size.  Custom Size allows you to move the arrow up or down to the percentage you want.  Then OK and use the up arrow back to Start Black Copy.

I've had 3 different models of HP printer and their copy menu has always been some variation of the above.  Hopefully yours has this too.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the help, jt. I have an HP Envy 5660. Can't seem to scroll down on the printer screen, but I'll check with HP, I may be missing something. Thanks again!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Found it! Got to tap on "tools" logo first then scroll down. Wow, didn't know it did all these things. I didn't even realize that I had an SD card slot in the side!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Found it! Got to tap on "tools" logo first then scroll down. Wow, didn't know it did all these things. I didn't even realize that I had an SD card slot in the side!

Glad to hear that something good came out of your frustration 🙂

Message 14 of 14
latest reply