I need to find out what happens if I excede my $1000.00 threshold on sales.

Hi I am new to eBay and have a maximum of ten items in a particular category. I am going to exceed this total with some remaining bids. What will happen to the remaining open bids when I reach my limit?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@guymello5 wrote:

Hi I am new to eBay and have a maximum of ten items in a particular category. I am going to exceed this total with some remaining bids. What will happen to the remaining open bids when I reach my limit?

Hi @guymello5  - congrats on the sales and pending ones coming through too!

@dutchman48 gave you great info on this: if your auctions end over the total dollar amount allowed currently you won't be able to list further items until it resets at the first of the month.

If you've had those limits for at least 30 days you can request an increase, either through your account itself or by phone (http://ebay.to/2rYKIys). Sorry for the .com link, but it should get you to the best place/team to help raise those limits so you can get more breathing room for July.  Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

My guess would be that these auctions would run but you will not be able to list any more new ones this month.

Maybe someone that has had to deal with this could give you a concrete answer.

Nice items you are selling.

Be very cautious with possible scams and verify all payments directly through Paypal, not links of any kind.

Also, only ship to the address on the Paypal payment.

One concern I have is some of the ticket stubs I looked at do not say what they were for so you may get a not as described and get garbage back.

Good luck with your sales.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Make sure all your sales are shipped with a Tracking Number, no exceptions!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@guymello5 wrote:

.... have a maximum of ten items in a particular category. I am going to exceed this total with some remaining bids. What will happen to the remaining open bids when I reach my limit?

I assume you mean exceed the $ total.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Rules are kinda of fuzzy for active auctions. You may have to consult the dreaded ebay support staff and/or request an increase.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@guymello5 wrote:

Hi @guymello5  - congrats on the sales and pending ones coming through too!

@dutchman48 gave you great info on this: if your auctions end over the total dollar amount allowed currently you won't be able to list further items until it resets at the first of the month.

If you've had those limits for at least 30 days you can request an increase, either through your account itself or by phone (http://ebay.to/2rYKIys). Sorry for the .com link, but it should get you to the best place/team to help raise those limits so you can get more breathing room for July.  Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply