I think we should be able to leave negative feedback for non payers.

There is a buyer that seems to bid on items but never pays but cannot be given negative feedback. You have to leave positive feedback  but say this is negative as he is a non payer. Bring back 

negative feedback for buyers to be able to leave for dead beat bidders and winners 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

"but never pays"

If every seller were to correctly report that non paying buyer through the resolution Centre, it would not take long to get that buyer suspended.

Negative feedback for buyer is not the answer.  It was abused badly by too many sellers (in the bad old days).

All we need to do is file against non paying buyers and let the system take care of them.

Leaving positive feedback with negative comment is also against the rules as you know.

This is business.  Do not take it personally.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Exactly what Pierre says.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

DITTO!! I would love to give some buyers a negative feed, but its an unfortunate truth  that sellers have abused leaving negative feedbacks  and Im sure would do it again.

The last thing we need is another reason to alienate buyers. Some times you need to wear your heart on your sleeve and except what is.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Hello Brenda, I hope you're doing well today, and thank you for posting this thread.

If negative feedback builds up on this hypothetical buyer's account, they're likely to lose interest in shopping on Ebay and take their business elsewhere. In that scenario, we - as in the entire eBay seller community - gain nothing, but lose a potential buyer. 

Now, in the hypothetical you're posing, the buyer is not a particularly desirable customer, as they regularly do not pay for their items and create problems for the sellers they encounter. As other posters have pointed out in this thread, if a buyer continuously fails to pay, and they're duly reported by the individual sellers each time this happens, they will lose their account and buying privileges. 

Wouldn't it be better to weed out problem buyers through the existing channels, behind the scenes, working with eBay and the seller community? As others have pointed out in this thread, the potential for feedback abuse is high, and some sellers are unscrupulous and unprofessional. I prefer the system as is, with no option for negative feedback on buyers by sellers, but still leaving sellers the option to report a buyer for violations.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I have put a non paying bidders report in... thank you for your in take...

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Just leave positive feedback stating Buy did not pay ... It is a neutral comment and tells the truth ... I would recommend blocking the buyer.... I will never waste another second of my life reporting anyone.. I have been reporting a guy who in ebay message system with 31 messages threatining to kill me and my kids and 4 weeks later ebay has done nothing at all so some may say report report report but I say don't waste your time just block them and move on... I mean Calling me every name and the book and threatening to kill my family is not enough then can someone tell me what is ...
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

All that is necessary is to file an unpaid item claim. I wouldn't file a separate report and I wouldn't leave a 'buyer didn't pay" comment on their feedback. It's against policy, plus there really is no point to it as few people read all of a buyer's 'positive' feedback.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

"Just leave positive feedback stating Buy did not pay .."

You cannot do that.  It is clearly against eBay rules and policies.  That is the type of stuff that gets sellers in trouble with eBay.

There is a simple procedure with non-payers: report them through the Resolution Centre and get your fees back.  End of story.  eBay will take care of them in due course. 

If all sellers were to follow the correct procedure we would eliminate most of the problem buyers.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

On the off-chance anyone reading this has not yet sorted out how the whole Unpaid Item thing

works, ebay tells you how to do it.  Some sellers file an Unpaid case as early as the system will

allow.  Others are willing to wait a week, or even longer.  Everyone is different.  But if a kindly-worded

request for payment continues to go ignored, do the entire ebay membership a favour and file an

Unpaid Item case:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

You have 32 days in which to do it, so for those stragglers it may not be too late.  Then, block anyone

who has not paid for your items:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

After that, block anyone who has had 2 or more of these Unpaid Cases against them and earned

themselves the accompanying 'strikes'.  They tend to be repeat offenders:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#set

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Just leave positive feedback stating Buy did not pay ...

Added benefit to the deadbeat buyer-- he gets more positive feedback.

Problem for most sellers. Most sellers do not use auctions and therefore only meet their buyers when they make an order. 

Sellers can set their Preferences to Block those bidders automatically.

It is a neutral comment and tells the truth ...

It's not neutral. It makes the buyer look better since he has MORE POSITIVE feedback.  In any case, if he appealed it, it would be removed and the seller would get a grouchy note from eBay.

I would recommend blocking the buyer....

Yup.

I will never waste another second of my life reporting anyone..

Then you are part of the problem.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

How am I part of the Problem .. I have reported 100's of of bad buyers and sellers and spent countless hrs investigating before asuming and reporting .. You can only try to make a difference for so long before you give up ... I am giving up because of a problem that exist with ebay .... I mean really I have 31 saved death threats and still couldn't get a guy kicked off... So what would you do honestly ... Would you believe the sytem works after reoprting a guy who literal stated he want to kill me kids with animal traps and threatened to send his bodies from london to do it .. NO RESULTS ... You guys have way to much trust in the ebay system ... To assume good sellers will eliminate ba buyers is 100% a poor assumption .. Good people don't get rid of bad people ... Me being nice doesn't change the guy that think paying $2 should have his parcel at his door in another country in 5 days ... How abou the customer I had freaking out on me last week because 5 days after shipped Canada post still din't scan ... I provided him the name and number to where I ship out I was very polite and return messages within minutes for 3 days straight .. Finally after seven days the order arrived at his house in a total of 7 days to which I got response of I am very sorry for the way I acted.. So even though I gave it all I had to reassure the buyer and was super polite accomadating the buyer still Wrote me 5 messages a day which started 3-5 days after shipped they still called me a liar and a cheat and sent me harrassing messages with nothing close to polite ... So Sum that up I let the guy have 10 days to pay which is 2 days longer then My automatic set up (For his personal Reason) I shipped within 2 business days ( In which I started receiving HAVE YOU SHIPPED yet within about 12hrs of the payment which I waited 10 days for .. Then I shipped they did not scan .. Buyer didn't not believe me about the Message on Canada post (Electronic info received) I explain that pops up right after I print label QUOTE ( I have been dong this for years I know that is not how it goes you can lie to me I want a Refund NOW ) That was day 6 in transit so just about half the time I waited for payments... Day 7 it arrived .... So in 7 days I recieved about 23 message too which 80% were negative degrading and insulting .. Not one of my responses were anything but Quick,Helpful and polite ... But Accodring to the Theory above Sense I was ,Quick to ship,Quick to Respond,EXTEREMLY Accomadating, Very polite and helpful that buyer buyer should now becoe a good buyer ... I probably have more problem buyers per week then Many people specially people selling books and stamps I mean your target Audience is wayyyy different ... In my Years I have have been chewed up and spit out Many of times well being ripped of by Buyers or Canada post service for roughly 300 items in 5 years well maintaining an upbeat optomistic attitude ... Well bending over backwars for $5 for many 1000's of customers ( Which Most are still awesome customers) BUT REALLY Me being a good seller doesn't fix crazy it's doesn't fix people who expect me to be deliverying there mail It does not change People who think a $2 parcel shoud be in another country in 5 or 6 days and if not WOOOOO watch out.. We all have issues and mine has always been mostly time but it gets a little overplayed when people honestly think Big companies actually care as much as some say they do .. If I am part of the problem I would like to know who else on here has spent 100's of hrs reporting people ? Anyone ? Not just assuming Providing proof of every report I have ever submitted.. I bet not many people anywhere on ebay have tried to change things for the buying and selling community in ways of legitimte reports as I have but with no results even when following guide lines and procedures I have given up and I do not see where I am the problem .. I see where overwhelming proof and lack of action has pushed me to give up but I don't see wher eI am the problem .. I did my share and then some
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Sorry for the 1 paragraph I hate it split up but it all joined together ...
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

had it split up 😉
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Here this is 1 of 31 Threats I received for simply saying people are cruel not animal traps and some of you may remember the post I know femme aka really nice stamps even gave me a kudos for my response .. 2 or 3 months later the threats started from the guys I replied to in which I was not rude at all Just factual ... This is one of the nicer messages I received and keep in mind 4 times I called in 4 reports an I think we are going on week 5 now with ebay doing nothing about it.. #$#$ you, you little snide #@$#@#$. Watch out your front yard, might find a snare trap there for your precious kids, #$%^&. My last message before stated It was just my opinion nothing more I do not wish cruel treatment on any animals and yuo should not post on public forums if you can't deal with others opinions .. Please leave me alone and stop threatening my family or Iwill contact the police... So Ebay defenders with that message being 1 of the nicest of the 31 message I have saved in a folder please tell me what I have done wrong and how ebay is protecting me as a buyer and sellers... Has anyone ever even consider maybe some people have different expeirences with ebay then they have so they rightfully have a different outlook .. After all I have been through with many issues My outlook is that ebay is a random system with mostly uneducated workers ( by uneducated i mean ebay system and policies) I mean how many people have had to guide ebay customer support through getting help with... How many have reported people with nothing happening I will admit I do not follow all ebay's guidelines.. Most but not all ... I follow guidelines that suit My buyers and Myself and then ebay.. I 100% pay for return shipping no matter what ( Not in line with ebay policies but worked better for my buyers) I post and or tell people the truth in any situation ( May not be the response a buyer wants but I am not going to lie) Example Where is my parcel ? Answer sense there is no tracking I do not have a clue where it is but it should be with you shortly) Example why is it taking so long ..Answer.. I don't know because there is not tracking but keep in touch and I am sure it will be with you shortly.. No exactly what they wanna here but it's true.. I do not sugar coat the truth for nobody not my wife not my kids nobody .. The truth is ebay's sytem is so random and flawed in many ways and people who either beat around the bush or deny it are lying or just not accepting of the fact that there experience with ebay may be way different from someone else..
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

"How am I part of the Problem"

Please allow me to be candid.

Your comment "I will never waste another second of my life reporting anyone"  makes you part of the problem regarding non-paying bidders.

The fact you have spent some time reporting users sending emails, etc... has nothing to do with the non-paying bidder problem.  You are mad at eBay for not solving your unrelated problem but it has nothing to do with this discussion.

The only way, using the current reality, to minimize non-paying bidders is to use the correct procedure to report them as non-payer through the Resolution Centre and file to get your fees refunded and set up your preference to disallow bids or purchases from users with more than two non-payment claims.

You help yourself, you help other sellers and you help eBay get rid of problem buyers.

To suggest leaving positive feedback with negative comment does make you part of the problem as it does not help eliminate those non-paying bidders or buyers.

"...spent countless hrs investigating"

You are not the police, you  are not an investigator.  Do not waste your time.  Spend it instead with your growing family.  Use the correct procedure - it only takes a few seconds - and let the system do what it does.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

That's my point pierre the system is flawed .. I don't report non paying bidders because it is not a problem .. I my automatic system takes care of it and the work and cost I deal with for a none paying bidder is maybe 1 minute and 0-15 cents .. So yeah I do not report those buyers because in my definition of what a problem is that does not even begin to touch the scope of it all... To me problems are things such as Threats,Seller stealing money from honest buyers or selling them fake goods stealing there hard earned money.. Buyers assumption of so many different things... People not paying is really only an issue for Very small sellers with high valued low sell through items... For me it is not an issue just buyer remorse or oops I made a mistake or I am broke sorry .. To me a Problem has to be a Problem and when a buyer doesn't pay the whole minutes it takes me to correct everything is not an issue at all.. Your right pierre I am not the police or an investigator I am honest hardworking guy who has 0 tolerance for __ liars and fakes so I put the time in to make this a better place... If I can get rid of 1 seller that has ripped off 1000's of people I have accomplished more then someone who spends a lifetime reporting non paying buyers .. THAT IS WHY I DO IT ... TO make a difference for me you and everyone else .. Which I have done twiice in all my reports which means I have stopped 10,000 thousands of innocent buyers from being ripped off well reporting non payign buyers does what really helps you avoid relisting and cancelling.. ( so in the scope of things who has made things better the guys getting rid of scammmers and liars or the guy getting rid of a buyer that really caused very little effect only minor short term no loss damage control I know some see none paying bidders as a problem but I just see it as a little bump in the road so i put my time and effort into real problems...
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

WHY are all my comments being put into one giant sloppy heap pf a message ... sorry guys
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

USE THE CORRECT PROCEDURE .... Pierre did you read one of the nicer threats I received posted above ... So what should I do what is the correct procedure? I have saved all messages reported 4-5 times and waited 5 weeks for results..... I am sure you might say you reported them so just give it time .. THESE ARE DEATH THREATS TO MY 1 YEAR OLD AND 4 YEAR OLD THAT KEEP COMING .. So waiting is not what anyone should have to do ... Ebay should have taken immediate action .. I get booted of of here within hrs for posting one of the threats which I did not block out the Swears .. WITHING HRS ... Yet I am waiting weeks turning into months to deal with someone who wants to kill my whole family ... So please tell me how ebays system is working properly .. I get punished withing hrs ( rightfully so I did not follow guidelines) but these guys threatinig to kill my entire family 5 weeks later is still here ... Is this still my fault becaue I did everything to a T I was polite with all ebay staff I was even polotically correct with the guy threatening to kill my kids... I mean put yourself in my shoes my wife is scared we now have a baseball bat sitting at our front entrance in fear this physco might come and ebay still allows him to sell and be on here and part of the community... Your answer do it correct and proper action will be taken ... REALLY .. I know you are by far the most helpful person on here and your are almost always spot on and correct but come on now .. Can you honestly not see something wrong with ebay on this situation ...
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

"did you read one of the nicer threats I received posted above ..."

Once again, the subject of this thread deals with non-paying bidders.

There are many problems on eBay.  Your post deals with something else, unrelated to the non-paying bidders and it is unfortunate that you do not realize that with your decision to not report them, you are hurting all other sellers who depend on a system that can only work if all sellers do their job to minimize that problem.

The fact eBay may not have acted as you wish they had on an unrelated problem is unfortunate but it should not affect your ability to follow the correct procedure when it comes to non-paying bidders.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply