I think we should be able to leave negative feedback for non payers.

There is a buyer that seems to bid on items but never pays but cannot be given negative feedback. You have to leave positive feedback  but say this is negative as he is a non payer. Bring back 

negative feedback for buyers to be able to leave for dead beat bidders and winners 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

YOUR COMMENT IN YOUR FIRST POST All we need to do is file against non paying buyers and let the system take care of them. This is my response to your ebay system will just take care of it ... So ya I see what the post is about to which I addressed in my first post then I address your comment of the system will take care of it sharing my Very different experience with ebays system that will supposedly take care of it but in My experience in Reporting buyers and sellers ebays system does not take care of it ... I agree maybe your experience has been positive and yielded results but mine has not and even when I used to way back when I first started report non paying buyers I never seen results and I am stubborn in the sense that I keep close eyes on people I report to see if anything at all has been done... This is not how I feel ebay should take care of it this is how anyone should take care of it .. This is not my opinion it is just how it should be... Again sorry for the slop I am putting up but I can't seem to get it to stop bunching everything together.. Although I agree maybe for some in there experience reporting is helping I do not see it that way and at the end of the Day it is not our job to fix ebays system and buyers and sellers it is our job to run our business and take care of our customers and there issue .. Ebay's job is to deal with there issues and problems but instead of spending time and money on a system that could easily recognize and caculate and punish non paying buyers without sellers having to report they have chose to set up a system where Sellers are made to do there research and reporting for them ... They could spend a couple mill and get that system in place but they would rather have us feel like it our job to help there business go smoothly... It does not affect my business when a buyer screws a seller or a seller screws a buyer that is money out of ebay's pocket . Yet they take the route of making it OUR responsiblity to help improve there business.. A Computer wiz can esaily and costly put a system in place to track caculate and punish without any need for us to report ...
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

"A Computer wiz can esaily and costly put a system in place to track caculate and punish without any need for us to report ..."

I am sorry that you do not get it.

First, it has nothing to do with "punish".  This is business.  There is no reason to take it personally.

eBay has no way to always know if a buyer has paid a seller or not.  You may assume from your experiences that buyers only use PayPal to pay sellers.  eBay only knows if PayPal is used.

However, many sellers will tell you that: they receive payments from buyers by methods other than PayPal.  eBay has no way of knowing that.

In fact, I received an inquiry a few days ago from a buyer who wanted to pay by personal cheque.  As always I quickly answered that personal cheques are always welcome. He followed up by asking if there is a way to stop eBay from sending payment reminders every second day!  He finds them annoying.  I do too!

The current system of sellers reporting non-paying bidders works well as long as sellers participate.  I am sorry of your decision to ignore it, not to help all sellers minimize the problem.  It may not be a perfect system but it works when used properly. 

Hopefully, you will still benefit from other sellers reporting non-paying bidders who will then be prevented from purchasing your items and not paying you.

Yes, I know, it seems unfair that you benefit from a system when you refuse to participate but... that is the way it is.

And life does go on.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Know I get it .. Ebay has the sytem set up just like these boards to get people like you to do there work for free Well maintaining that great feeling of helping others which works very well for ebay ... You feel like part of a cuminity and feel like you helped someone out and did a good deed well ebay pay pennies for overseas workers who know nothing about ebay ... Win win .. You feel good and they pocket the money and time for workers that should be doing the job ... You really think with all the things computers are capable of that they can not make it so they do there own work .... It would actually be simple but costly fix ... When you collect the cheque pierre you should be marking them payment recived so if your following the rules it should be very easy for ebay's system to detect whether you got paid or not.. I used to report but then I decided the pecentage that did in accidently was greater then the % that don't pay purposly so I chose not to assume they were doing it purposly I have no intention on trying to figure out which ones do it intentionally or not nor do I want to punish a buyer who made an honest mistake .... We can agree to disagree all day the only thing I see is your totally disregarding everything I say and me partially agreeing with you ... Ebay's system is set up for free labour pierre and you have probably given them a Million worth ... I have done my share to help but Punishing a buyer because I assume they are intentionally not paying is not something I feel like speculating on... I cancel when requested and my system reports non paying bidder after 8 days but I prefer to always cancel instead .. Either way it is not a problem just a bump in the road... A problem is more like even with tracking and signature confirmation I can still be ripped off with this system ... What your talking about is nothing but a hiccup blown out of proportion by most people... I mean really pierre how much time and money have you actually lost to non paying bidders ... I would assume a very very small percentage perhaps to small to say it is a not PROBLEM .... I mean what we see maybe a dozen complaints a week out of a couple million users which makes the percentage what .00000000001 not exactly a Problem
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Just Remembered you asked .. Ebay used to have workers randomly answer peoples questions on the board what happen.. Answer was not enough staff anymore aka staff cuts ... Backing up my they save because you do there work statment...
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Recently had a buyer NOT pay for a purchase...

Unpaid Item  Dispute  was eventually closed  and buyer was blocked.

Buyer came back and still wanted the book... but was unable to buy it.

Buyer asked ... Why?

My response... This is the reality of eBay.

Many buyers do not realize until late that if they buy and do not pay... 

First .... they cannot buy again from the same seller

and

Second... they eventually become blocked from buying from other sellers.

-----------------------------------

eBay has slowly changed for buyers....  Report a buyer is anonymous... Buyers are oblivious to the end result of too many reports.

However,  what must happen is a seller MUST report the buyer  or in turn block the buyer....

---------------------------------

Many have assumed  that the new defect system is there solely to "punish" a seller.....  If one looks closely ....

Buyers that continuously create defects are also identified...  Report a Buyer

Think About It.....

------------------------------

Adjustments to the defect system will come.....  all the better for sellers....  and equally effective in identifying problem buyers...

Nothing is hidden from a seller... with this new Defect System

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Only once was a block removed for a buyer....  who did not pay but wanted the book...

This worked because the buyer was asked to treat this as a totally new transaction...  and buyer did so

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most important thing a seller should do is ....  Report a Problem Buyer...

and Ultimately... Report a Buyer  and UID's will  wake up buyers ... Each to their own unique reality....

Several people have been blocked  for what was said in emails..

And ... several times  It was felt that they bought through a second ID....  either their new ID or another person's ID...

and they behaved without incident..

------------------------------------------

My listings  are very heavily weighted towards one category....

Many buyers fail to recognize  that with any problems....  they are blocked from buying from sellers such as me  that list heavily and have a significant presence in one category.

----------------------------------

I have actually had one Customer Service Rep say to me... "one more report and he is gone"... paraphrased...

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:
Just Remembered you asked .. Ebay used to have workers randomly answer peoples questions on the board what happen.. Answer was not enough staff anymore aka staff cuts ... Backing up my they save because you do there work statment...

Brande? Are you reading what you are writing? It is way over the top. You are hurling remarks better not hurled. Bordering on accusations. This is not like you. I do not understand this us and them under lying current you have going. I do not at all understand why you are attacking Pierre?

No-one here is your enemy. Quite the opposite.

Please, do not give me the difficult customer spiel. I managed inner-city liquor stores. The public has no idea.

Brande, c'mon, this is not like you.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

brande- If someone is threatening you and your family, eBay is not the place for the Report. You have to deal with the local police. I think that is the OPP for you? At the very least get a report number.

The police report number, attached to the eBay report, may help the dimwit clerk realize that this is a real problem member who needs discipline.

And the police report, forwarded to the threatener's local force, may mean he gets a visit.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Very good suggestion, Stamps. eBay loves procedure. They love every step followed and every box ticked. They are the ultimate bureaucracy. If ya need any help ....
Photobucket
Message 29 of 31
latest reply

"I mean really pierre how much time and money have you actually lost to non paying bidders ... I would assume a very very small percentage perhaps to small to say it is a not PROBLEM .... I mean what we see maybe a dozen complaints a week out of a couple million users which makes the percentage what .00000000001 not exactly a Problem"

I am really sorry you do not understand the extant of the problem.

Quite possibly, you never had anyone buy from you and not pay.  Maybe that explain why you think it is not a problem on eBay.  Maybe that explains why you think it is such a small problem (.00000000001).

eBay has previously acknowledged it is a problem, a real problem.  They are not talking about "maybe a dozen complaints a week" but hundreds of thousands of transactions each year where the buyer did not pay.  Sometimes the buyer was right in not paying as the seller may have been at fault (raising shipping charge, etc...)

For most of us, it is a problem.  Is it 1%, 2% or more?  I do not know but I can assure you the problem is much larger than that small percentage of yours.  How do we handle the problem?  Using the system because it works.

My "site preferences" block anyone from purchasing from me if they have received two (2) unpaid strikes in the last twelve months (among other requirements).  So, I may not see a huge problem because I took steps to minimize it. 

For example, a few days ago, unknown to me until today when I checked my "buyer requirements activity log", a buyer registered on eBay six years ago with feedback rating exceeding 600 was prevented from buying a $55 item because he has at least two unpaid strikes against him in the last twelve months. So I lost a sale (maybe) but I do not want to waste my time on those buyers.  Frankly, I am very happy other sellers who experienced non-payment from that buyer took the time to file a non-payment complaint with the Resolution Centre.  And I do the same for them.

As stated earlier, the system only works if sellers participate.

You may want to reconsider your policy and see that the system may benefit you if you use it properly. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

This thread has been locked for off-topic remarks and hostile comments/interpersonal disputes.

Everyone, please try to keep the boards friendly and welcoming. Please take a moment to review the Guidelines as well, as we need to make sure we aren't posting content from other members or violating any other rules.

Thank you all for your help!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 31 of 31
latest reply