I want to leave negative feedback for a buyer that did not pay. I would like to warn other sellers.

There does not seem to be a way of closing a claim and then leaving negative feedback. The buyer did not pay and after 7 emails she finally replied, "I have no money" No sorry, no payment delay request, just I have no money. So how can I protect others with my experience?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I want to leave negative feedback for a buyer that did not pay. I would like to warn other sellers.

The rules were changed many years ago and sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for non-paying buyers.

File a report and move on.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@bob_a_loo wrote:

There does not seem to be a way of closing a claim and then leaving negative feedback. The buyer did not pay and after 7 emails she finally replied, "I have no money" No sorry, no payment delay request, just I have no money. So how can I protect others with my experience?

Not by leaving feedback that's for sure, it's pretty much useless.

You can help other sellers by filing an Unpaid Item Dispute, giving the buyer a strike.

Then go to your account settings, Site Preferences, Buyer Requirements....and block buyers with 2 or more non-payment strikes in the past 12 months.

This helps you because you get your fees back, this helps other sellers who have their blocks set and that will include you as well.

None of this will completely eliminate no pay / slow pay, if you want that use only Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

This  is where you file and win an Unpaid Item Dispute.

The buyer gets a Strike as a deadbeat. Most sellers have an automatic Block against deadbeats like that.

You get your FVF fees back.

You are freed from the transaction and can safely relist. (If you just relist without formally ending the transaction, the bidder could suddenly pay and you could have two buyers for one item. Not likely but it could happen.)

The deadbeat can't leave feedback at all for you. Nor can he leave the more important Detailed Seller Ratings. Trashed DSRs can put you right out of business.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Warn me about what? All of my widgets are BIN with IPR. There are 125,000,000 active IDs out there. You want to warn me about one (1)? About one that happened to you and has nothing to do with me?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
latest reply