I was going to revise was charged 0.30 fee

I was going to revise a 10 day listing, which has 3 days left.  (the price). I would have been charged $0.30 had I completed the revision.  Is that a new thing?  Can we no longer revise for free?  Has anyone else had this happen?  Thanks all.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

tobyshitzu
Community Member

auction insertion based on starting price, so if you revise into a higher tier, it will be charged the new price

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is a "buy it now" listing.  I was going to reduce the price, and add "free shipping".   I had already added "or best offer", but nobody is looking, so I thought I'd spice it up a little.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My comment isnt right anyway, auctiosn aren't like that.  Don't knwo what I was thinking

I dont know what it would be then just revising the price.  .30 would be the listing fee.  If it was revising the duration it might make a promo listing not qualify

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the input.  I went ahead and did my revision anyway.  I was charged the $0.30.  I guess it's the cost of doing business.  Overall, I try not to pay listing fees.  Every time something new happens, it's a learning experience.  Cheers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Make yourself a note to check your invoice when billing day rolls around.

Sometimes these charges are reversed.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You were charged? I remember that I used to see that sometimes on revision in the very beginning of selling but haven't for ages and now I wonder as to the reason you were dinged for it. It frequently would tell me I'd be charged for revising it but that never (or rarely) happened that I can recall. I wonder what has changed. I routinely revise listings right up to the 11th hour but for changing price and/or offering free shipping, you can use the Markdown Manager to do that too with a small store subscription if you were to consider expanding your business. Just a thought. I loved having a store even when I was still hitting the ceiling on my new-seller selling limits to do so. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply