IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STAMP SELLERS WITH AN EBAY STORE

If you have paid for an ebay Store, as of today, you can't list any stamps in Auction Style listings unless you wish to pay 25 cents per listing.

You do get a 25c refund if the item sells, but if it doesn't, say goodbye to your 25 cents.

The ironic part is that if you do not have a store, you can still list 20 Auction Style Stamp listings for free each month.

Ebay still haven't changed their definitions yet on their "How Fees Work Page"----- as Stamps are still regarded as "Collectibles" there.

Sorry to post my message saying essentially the same thing, but I thought a new title will help warn more ebay stamp sellers.

ebay id: komics4sale

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

EVERYTHING OK & BACK TO NORMAL:

Spoke with another ebay Rep this morning & the problem has been explained.

1) When I opened my ebay store, I was given 100 free Auction style listings under Collectibles (which I used).

2) Having a store negates the free 20 listings given to sellers without a store.

3) In my ebay Summary page, I still see the 5 listings available to me when I did not have an ebay store. (this should have been changed to zero, but still shows as 5 more for free).

This third ebay rep figured it out.

It was the first ebay rep that told me Stamps are not considered "Collectibles" when listing, even when I mentioned it was still listed under Collectibles in the fee page definitions.

In Conclusion:   STAMPS ARE STILL CONSIDERED AS COLLECTIBLES !  WHEW!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"as my buyers have come to know me by it...."

My buyers have also come to know me.  I could sell anything - computers, books, phones, etc... without ever changing my User ID.

For more information: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/change-userid.html

"Over time, you can build your reputation into a valuable business asset, so it's a good idea to choose a user ID you'll want to use long-term."

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I think you have misunderstood the changes.

Please read the fee schedule for eBay stores very carefully:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Auction-style

Number of free insertion fee listings  per month in collectibles categories 100

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Collectibles categories eligible for an additional 20 free (100 for Stores) insertion-fee auction-style listings per month:

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

In addition, when eBay states 100 additional "free" auction style listings, it actually means 100 on eBay.com and 100 on eBay.ca (or eBay.cafr) 

Your "Selling Manager" Summary page keeps track of both (.com and .ca) independently.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi, Pierre

Thanks for your usually informed replies.

I am aware of this ebay description page regarding the definition of COLLECTIBLES in which STAMPS are plainly listed.

This is the page that ebay has forgotten to update to remove the STAMPS category.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can no longer list stamps as COLLECTIBLES in a basic ebay store as of May 24th 2015.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I listed stamps at auction this morning with $0.00 fee as indicated earlier.

I think the problem is somewhere else.  Is it possible you have already used all 100 "free" auction listings for this month?

Were you listing on eBay.ca?  or eBay.com?  or both?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

EVERYTHING OK & BACK TO NORMAL:

Spoke with another ebay Rep this morning & the problem has been explained.

1) When I opened my ebay store, I was given 100 free Auction style listings under Collectibles (which I used).

2) Having a store negates the free 20 listings given to sellers without a store.

3) In my ebay Summary page, I still see the 5 listings available to me when I did not have an ebay store. (this should have been changed to zero, but still shows as 5 more for free).

This third ebay rep figured it out.

It was the first ebay rep that told me Stamps are not considered "Collectibles" when listing, even when I mentioned it was still listed under Collectibles in the fee page definitions.

In Conclusion:   STAMPS ARE STILL CONSIDERED AS COLLECTIBLES !  WHEW!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

OK - All is well that ends well.

On a different note, since 95% (your number) of your listings are in the Stamps category, have you considered changing your User ID to something more relevant to the category or something totally neutral?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

When I first started selling on ebay, I tried to sell only comics.

That didn't work very well as the shipping component was too costly to buyers.

I then sold some Hockey Sportscards which did fantastic & earned me lots on positive feedback.

When I started selling stamps, I didn't want to lose all the nice feedback which I had earned so decided to keep my ebay name.

There may be a way to change the name without losing the feedback score, but now even with the "vague" ebay id name, I decided to keep it as my buyers have come to know me by it....

Thanks again for taking your precious time to respond to my initial erroneous panic!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Feedback score follows a name change, always has.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

"as my buyers have come to know me by it...."

My buyers have also come to know me.  I could sell anything - computers, books, phones, etc... without ever changing my User ID.

For more information: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/change-userid.html

"Over time, you can build your reputation into a valuable business asset, so it's a good idea to choose a user ID you'll want to use long-term."

Message 11 of 11
latest reply