INR claim problem

e_knny
Community Member

I have a item shipped international airmail without a tracking number, so naturally I have an INR claim against me

I asked the buyer to wait a week or so, and after a week I messaged him asking him if he received the item or not

The buyer doesn't respond so I don't know how to proceed with the case

I don't want to give him a refund without him telling me that he still doesn't have the item. It is very possible that he has the item by now

However, if the buyer doesn't message me and calls ebay directly, then i will have a "case closed without seller resolution" against me, and this is very costly

I called ebay support and they just told me to refund the buyer, even though it's very possible the item have arrived

so this is ebay's solution...refund for everybody

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

INR claim problem

Can I ask what date did you send it; what country; what date did he contact you; what is his feedback like and how many feedback does he have.  That all makes a difference in the answer for you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

INR claim problem

Item was mailed September 7 to Denmark. Claim was opened on September 28

he is 100% feedback but he is a buyer only, so its worthless

his feedback score is 131 but he only has 5 feedback within the past 12 months

Also, I ship way more items outside of ebay. I find it interesting that not one of those items have gone missing, but alot of items sold on ebay just seem to disappear. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

INR claim problem

"Item was mailed September 7 to Denmark"

Over four weeks already!  Follow the advise of the eBay rep and provide the buyer with a full refund for the "delayed shipment".

At the same time, ask the buyer to let you know when the item arrives and you will re-invoice at that time.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

INR claim problem

Here is a copy of my "form letters" I use in situations like this, I have had a decent number of people contact me later to pay again.... feel free to make use of whatever works for you....

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/I-haven-t-received-my-item-or-Item-not-received-case-the-...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

INR claim problem

Shipping to Western Europe is fairly fast, if you used Air Mail.

And I have never heard  complaint about Danes or the Danish customs/postal service causing delays.

The buyer doesn't respond

Probably because the item has arrived and he is no longer unhappy.

But since his pocketbook is no longer affected, he has moved on. He doesn't care enough about your problems to help you solve them.

I'd keep the money until he contacts you.

And yes, I would absorb the defect. Unless you have a lot of Defects (like ummm 3?) it really won't affect your selling account much. Are there defects on your account from that neg, for example?

Also, I ship way more items outside of ebay. I find it interesting that not one of those items have gone missing,

You are not alone in this.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply