If I open a case against a buyer and he pays afterwards, can he leave me negative feedback ?

This buyer does not pay for his items even after I sent many invoices and accepted to wait for payment for a couple of days as he asked for. From the tone of his emails I suspect a bad individual. If I open a case against him and he finally pays, will he be able to leave me negative feedback ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If I open a case against a buyer and he pays afterwards, can he leave me negative feedback ?

Since he paid, you are obligated to ship the order. And yes he could leave negative feedback. I have a couple buyers before that didn't pay until after I opened a case but they didn't leave me any feedback.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

even after I sent many invoices

In future, send one invoice, or even let eBay send it for you.

On Day Three, send a polite reminder.

On Day Four open the Unpaid Item Dispute.

Less communication is better.

The ones who don't pay at all are deadbeats and winning a case against them means, among other things, that the deadbeat cannot leave feedback.

The ones who need a Dispute to kickstart payment are just slow payers.

Unless you have had acrimonious correspondence with them, there is no reason to think they are anything but a bit vague about paying bills.

Ship.

If you did get grumpy with the buyer, you might want to use tracking to stop some unwanted new disputes.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply