If it isn't one thing ..... it's another. Now IPR Not Showing on Every Listing

It's bad enough that we have to keep revising our listings to conform to eBay policy ... the most onerous being CAD listings only on .ca

Then a few days ago, I noticed that my seller preferences had changed so as to no longer accept PayPal.  At least it just took a minute or two to revise the settings in the Seller Dashboard.  I mentioned it on this Board but it seemed of little concern to most sellers.

This evening, I noticed that the Immediate Payment Required box was not checked off on all my fixed-price listings.  It seems to be hit or miss, so now I've spent precious time checking all my listings instead of listing new items.  Even doing a bulk edit takes time.  First you have to isolate and edit the CAD listings on .ca; then find all the USD listings on .ca and then all the Fixed-Price on .com.  This was particularly time consuming on my other selling account.

I've got tons of stuff to list and never seem to be able to get more than 2 or 3 completed before I notice an error of one type or another.

I'm really ticked off tonight.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What's new?

Yesterday I was not able to list new items anyway, every time when I've got to the very last page on new listing, ebay will asked me to sign up! So I have to start over and over and over again.

Today after massive updates from Microsoft all pages shows as unsafe - "Potentially unsafe content  Hosted by ebay dot com This website been reported to Microsoft to contain threats to your computer, personal or financial information. Microsoft recommends that you do not visit websites reported to contain unsafe content "

Now imagine what buyers will feel when they see this message. Plus description is not showing on those pages, it's just blank. Ughh..

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ebay's login page is secure!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi, I think the problem though is that while the login page is secure - as in your id and password combination are "secure" - the rest of the site is open to the potential for malware & spyware from third parties, which could potentially affect - infect? - your computer .. someone having my ebay login would be the least of my worries if I were the type of person who did online banking etc ....  I think that is what all of the chrome and MS messages are trying to warn us about .... maybe?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Ebay's login page is secure!

That's quite true.  But that may not matter to a buyer when they land on a subsequent page that tells them they're not secure.  As I said in this week's Wed. session, it isn't whether or not the pages are actually safe to visit, it's the perception by buyers that they're not safe.  This is something eBay should be addressing fast, before we lose even more buyers.  

Overall, in my estimation at the moment (and to follow up on 'jt-libra's' original post), this whole site is a disaster right now.  Maybe eBay's programmers have finally broken what they can't fix. 

And I completely agree with 'jt' that if eBay would just spend a few months making things work reliably and consistently, and allow us sellers to spend more of our time listing instead of forever tweaking to comply with new rules and policies, maybe eBay might even see an uptick in sales (fees).  I feel like I'm trying to drive down a road and the signs change every few hundred metres, and new potholes keep opening up: "Don't do this", "No, OK, you can do that now", "No, you aren't allowed to do this anymore", "Here's something else you can't do now", etc. etc. etc.  I'm really sick of it. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You are so right rose. I'm spending hours each day changing categories, adding UPC numbers, and revising listings to make sure they are mobile friendly. Still have to do another 600 or so items. Hardly have any time to list new items and my garden is suffering! Today I had to spend ages trying to print labels on PayPal since they changed their pages. Rant is now over.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

All of the above and then some .... not the odd glitch but EVERYDAY ... I fully agree, fix ALL the stuff * shopping cart included* I mean ALL the issues and of course, not rocket science, there will be more sales overall One weekend (early spring) I lost 5 sales due to ebay tech issues ... ebay, the buyer isn't going to cell, PC, laptop ect. just to complete a purchase, they move on and sometimes even off of ebay all together. The one potential buyer was persistant and did all the different devises and 3 different ebay websites. They were in UK and said they even phoned ebay UK and were told they were aware of the issue but it had all ready been determined it was a .com problem and that weekend UK buyers could not purchase on .com or .ca .... just one eg. of "how to shoot yourself in the foot" which ebay does on a DAILY basis.

Thank you for your time .... I will now try to list and hope that it is my turn for the listings to be seen. On a positive note, it is getting so nice with the leaves turning, every morning it looks like more, still coffee on the deck, birds, deer. leaves, a little chilly but the peace and serenity ... then to my desk.

Everyone have a great weekend

PS my bank told me over a year ago to use a different browser to do my banking and not the one that I do ebay on. Yes, after online banking with different browser I still clear cache and history but they said for sure ebay one browser and everything else a different one, which I have been doing for over a year.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Well it isn't only ebay....

I live on other sites as well, and some of them have many more problems than we're having here.....
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
Well it isn't only ebay....

I live on other sites as well, and some of them have many more problems than we're having here.....

(LOL) It's hard to imagine that's even possible.  I mean, honestly, not having a seamless checkout system?  What could be worse?  Maybe a blackout...?

Actually, another site on which I sell (which will remain nameless) does an extraordinarily beautiful job of balancing updates on the site with consistency and functionality.  Every time I'm there I think: why can't eBay stop all the tinkering for a few months and achieve this? 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply