Indefinite Selling Restriction

besboosa
Community Member

Hello I have an indefinite selling restriction on my account I have no idea why I did nothing illegal and I wasn't selling counterfeit I don't get it, I am trying to find a number to reach ebay but I can't and I am told not to reply to the email sent well that's just unfair how do appeal my case this is nuts I didn't do anything wrong even though, people should be given warnings but why would this even happen when ebay is being infilitrated by sellers from China selling fake and they been on here for years and someone who just started gets an indefinite selling for basically nothing

Can someone give me a number or can ebay lift my restriction I did nothing wrong

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

On The Top of the Page to the right click Customer Support.  Click Contact Ebay at the top of the page.  On The Next page Go To Selling and click the reason closest to what your concern is.  It will give you a Contact Number for ebay with a special pin # needed when you phone

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

besboosa
Community Member

I mean I have a 100% rating and there is nothing suspicious that I know of, I really enjoyed the benefit of being a seller but I really was disappointed to receive such email I don't know what I have done wrong

Why don't you ban the thousands of Chinese sellers who the buyers complain from that they never received their products?  I mean it's just not fair

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

I don't get a contact number nor an email nothing comes up
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Okay I found it
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

What does it say in the email you received?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Hello besboosa,

After reviewing your eBay account, we have concerns about your selling activity. As a result we've taken the following actions on your account:
- Selling privileges have been indefinitely restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account. 
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email. 
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

Our decision is based on evidence from our records and our goal to keep eBay a safer place for buyers and sellers. We're not comfortable with your selling practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment.

Even though you can't sell on our website, you can still use your account to buy or bid on items. For more information on the basics of buying, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/basics.html

You can also:
- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

That's what it says

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

That letter doesn't tell you much. If you get through to ebay on the phone, try asking for Trust and Safety and politely insist that they give you a more specific reason.

Also, there is a user message board on ebay.com called Seller Protection. They might be able to give you some advice.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Protection/bd-p/25200000028

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Normally this is easy to spot. Not so much, this time. I cannot see what you had listed when they cancelled, but, I see your completed listings. Not much to see.

I "think" your account is being linked or associated with another, that is in bad standing. Are you using an ISP that is shared with others? In your household? Your building?

That is what I "think".

Photobucket
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email

Was there a list? If there was did it reveal anything?

Have you received any prior warnings? Vero takedowns? Buyer accusations of "fake" items?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Recped, that is what I was thinking. Are the Hugo Boss and Polo real?
Photobucket
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Would eBay enact the "Death Sentence" without any prior warnings ?

Maybe Its just me, but something just doesn't add up.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Actually they have done that before to other sellers. There may have been 'signs' such as low DSR's or a couple of vero problems but there was a never a last warning or a you are in danger of losing selling privileges email. Some sellers get reinstated.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

....but there never was a last warning or a you are in danger of losing privileges email.

I seem to recall a seller being suspended 30 days a couple of years back, but I guess times have changed.

Just weird to receive the "Death Sentence."

Hopefully the OP has " Clean Hands " & can be reinstated.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

It looks scary. Definitely, you need to call Ebay.

A few years ago, I listed a "forbidden" item. Ebay closed the auction and issued a warning. But it was a very polite warning - nothing comparable with what you got.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

eBay wrote: "we have concerns about your selling activity"

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.  Taking a look at your feedback as a seller, I see only three transactions in two years for which feedback has been received: one positive, one negative and one which was refunded by you. This may raise a red flag.

Then I looked into your completed listings.  I see items (DVD sets) where the location field states "Hannon Ontario Canada" while the shipping instructions state "shipped from an international location".  That would raise another red flag.  Considering the low price, it could also raise questions about the legality (are they genuine?) of the products.

Other listings also show the wrong information in the "item location" field, indicating that you are in fact dropshipping from overseas.  That could raise another red flag.

The price of some of your items is way too low for genuine "name" products.  That could raise another red flag.

In summary, if you ever sell on eBay again, I suggest you stick to selling things you know and have in your possession.  Using dropshippers has generally been a source of difficulties for Canadian sellers.  It seems like easy money but... it is not.

Good Luck

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

I'm gonna guess it's because of the negative and likely more than one person dinged your DSR's before you even had 10 which would then make them available for member's to view. You got kyboshed before you even got started,

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

The neg is almost two years old. Not an issue.

Took another look at their two recent Pos's. One is "ok" and the other is for a refund for a "mistaken listing". Bet the colognes are not real.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

The problem could also be with the Dolce & Gabanna perfume listing. It doesn't mention the brand name in the title or item specifics and that can raise a red flag with ebay when listing designer items.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgnonmail-e.asp

Perhaps I shouldn't mention this, but under Section 6.1, Class 3, Transportation of dangerous goods

why was the seller even selling perfumes?  It certainly isn't allowed to go through the post.

Or had the seller made special arrangements for its transport?

Message 20 of 35
latest reply