Indefinite Selling Restriction

besboosa
Community Member

Hello I have an indefinite selling restriction on my account I have no idea why I did nothing illegal and I wasn't selling counterfeit I don't get it, I am trying to find a number to reach ebay but I can't and I am told not to reply to the email sent well that's just unfair how do appeal my case this is nuts I didn't do anything wrong even though, people should be given warnings but why would this even happen when ebay is being infilitrated by sellers from China selling fake and they been on here for years and someone who just started gets an indefinite selling for basically nothing

Can someone give me a number or can ebay lift my restriction I did nothing wrong

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

You are right, but perfume seems to be a popular item here.

I have ordered perfume oil and had it seized -- at any rate it never arrived and I am sure that the seller did ship it. (Excellent communication and 100% feedback over several thousand sales).

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Well, I don't get it.  I just put "Dior perfume" in the search box, and up popped over 3,000 listings (about 90 from Canada). 

Wow -- if it's a verboten item to ship, eBay certainly isn't doing much to discourage listings.  In fact there was even an item category for it that popped up. 

Here's the link to the results: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksid=m570.l2632.R2.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XDior+perfume&_nkw=dior+perfume&...

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

It's not prohibited from shipping by mail within the USA if you use the proper markings and shipping service.

It's not prohibited from shipping via private carrier GROUND service (UPS/FedEx).

It's not prohibited from shipping if the size is below a certain cut-off.

It's not up to eBay to enforce the rules and policies of IATA, the FAA, USPS or Canada Post. They do have a policy which warns sellers they need to comply with these regulations.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/hazardous-materials.html

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

Thanks 'recped' -- I think we all learned something new today!  I now know where to buy my perfume (if I wanted any).

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

Does it also depend on the amount of alcohol in the perfume? I would guess that some perfumes have a higher percentage of alcohol.

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

There are things I can legally sell, but, cannot legally ship. eBay deal with selling, shipping they wipe their hands of.

Either the OP was doing something they should not have, and, they are not going to tell us, or, it is my theory of an associated ID.
Photobucket
Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Perfume makers will never tell you the amount of alcohol in their products because there is no law forcing them to.  There is general knowledge of alcohol content, which put them in categories like "eau de parfum, eau de toilette" all with varying degrees of alcohol or other carrier liquid.  The problem is, there's NO industry standard.  Many celebrity perfumes are "eau de parfum"  so they call themselves but often (and in general this is a relatively strong concentration when talking about brands like Guerlain or Chanel) celeb perfumes suck for strength.  It's all marketing and we'll never know the alcohol content until they are required by law to tell us. 

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Adding, there absolutely *are* industry standards but it seems no one really follows them.  The perfume industry is notoriously secretive and back stabby heee. 

As for buying perfume on eBay, I do it a great deal myself.  You can get brand new perfume from a discounter online, usually within Canada for far less than you sometimes can get new on eBay.  eBay is good for finding perfume that is currently in a formulation you don't like and you want old stock, vintage (which imo is dangerous because many contain toxins), or used perfume.  I love used perfume on eBay!  It can't contaminate if it's in spray form so "used" isn't an issue and I can get many very expensive perfumes partly used for a great price.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

I had the same thing happen to me. I have been on ebay for 10 years with no issues then the "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" policy kicked in. I was selling Bitcoin miners I brought in from China through an agent. I didn't have an invoice for that unit as the agent did not provide one. I could of made one up but I would rather be honest. I offered to share the invoice from my next batch that I purchased from a different supplier and followed with a bit of a nasty note on how dissapointed I was with their service and practices.

The next message I received was the my temporary restriction was now indefinite with a form letter that really offered no explanation. I wonder if there are even people behind these decisions or if it just a machine.

Here is the best part. I was restricted, listings removed but my store was left active and they charged me fees.

Does anyone know if this can be reversed and if not, how to completely remove an account?

Greg

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Well, bitcoin has been linked to organized crime. Paypal is twitchy about that.

And you would have to be listing the virtual items under the Classified section.

Message 30 of 35
latest reply

You were selling a virtual (imaginary) item without a receipt "But, it's good).

An item that is linked to unsavoury activities. An item linked to activity governments are not endorsing.

eBay pretty much has a zero tolerance policy when they catch you doing something you probably should not have, permanent suspension.

Permanent means permanent.
Photobucket
Message 32 of 35
latest reply

I still don't get it. It was a real (hardware) item that I had photos of. There are 100's for sale right now. If I wanted to sell my old roller skates I would not have a receipt for them either, but that would be okay.

My guess is the the people (or machines) that make these decisions have absolutely no idea what these items are or do. I would be nice if they gave you an actual reason for the restriction. They are like the soup nazi from sinefeld but not as friendly and understanding.

Does anyone know how to close an ebay account?

Greg

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

I'm not really surprised. The three feedback's you received were not good. OK? Obviously was not happy. Another one said they didn't authorize you to charge them? I don't understand that one BUT I think that someone (or more than one) reported you to eBay for some reason and based on that they suspended you.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Without seeing a listing, it is hard to say. If they asked for receipts, you had better have them. I'm guessing you got a basic MC999. You can ask until you are blue in the face and they will say "You should have known better". Once suspended, they have no interest in talking to you.

You have a store? Monthly or annual fee?

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr

Photobucket
Message 35 of 35
latest reply