Internal Canada Post Expedited Parcel with Stamps?

I would appreciate knowing if you can use stamps for Expedited Parcel shipments inside Canada.  eg. Ottawa to Vancouver. 

I found the thread about using them for shipments to the US, and that is great as it is a customs for.  But how about for internal shipments?   Do I bring the parcel to a Canada Post outlet with the postage on it, and they print the tracking info, or is it a no go?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Unless Canada Post has changed the rules you need a Venture One card to get expedited parcel at the counter.

It's been awhile, but I believe you can either put the stamps on the parcel (and the stamp face value is subtracted shipping cost) or use the stamps directly (hand them over the counter) towards the parcel shipment cost.

Good luck getting a counter person who knows the rules.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You can use postage stamps on all packages internal/external.
I have never used a paypal label, nor a postal label. I only send letters/packages with stamps already on them, and have been doing this for over 35 years now. My buyers are stamp collectors and expect stamps on the packages. I use a combination of attractive new stamps and some of the older below face value stuff. I live in a wee village so my postmaster knows my venture one number by heart.

Having said the above, you may be faced with the dilemma that if you ask 5 postmasters the same question you are likely to get 5 or maybe even 6 different answers. Assuming you have a well versed postmaster you should be fine, they will have to know where to find the "stamps already affixed(or maybe applied)" button on their screen....

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unless Canada Post has changed the rules you need a Venture One card to get expedited parcel at the counter.

It's been awhile, but I believe you can either put the stamps on the parcel (and the stamp face value is subtracted shipping cost) or use the stamps directly (hand them over the counter) towards the parcel shipment cost.

Good luck getting a counter person who knows the rules.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You can do it, but since paypal has a cheaper rate anyway the savings are small, and the hassle is high

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Well, you could save money, depending on how much you are into the stamps for.

The hassle factor? You are using more time than it is worth.

Tying up a clerk for that length of time? Line-up growing behind you? Won't you be popular.

I wouldn't do it.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I do it all the time. I get stamps for about 40% below face with no tax either, The clerk just deducts what is on the package in stamps from the total. I make sure the balance is zero.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You can use postage stamps on all packages internal/external.
I have never used a paypal label, nor a postal label. I only send letters/packages with stamps already on them, and have been doing this for over 35 years now. My buyers are stamp collectors and expect stamps on the packages. I use a combination of attractive new stamps and some of the older below face value stuff. I live in a wee village so my postmaster knows my venture one number by heart.

Having said the above, you may be faced with the dilemma that if you ask 5 postmasters the same question you are likely to get 5 or maybe even 6 different answers. Assuming you have a well versed postmaster you should be fine, they will have to know where to find the "stamps already affixed(or maybe applied)" button on their screen....
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To tony**bleep**.  What do you mean the hassle is high?    To use PayPal Shipping is a high hassle?  I wouldn't think so! 

Going to post office, having to stand in line for about 1/2 hour then having to deal with clerk for an hour that often don't know what they are doing.  With an average of 20-50 packages/parcels, there is no fricking way I would have to deal with that kind of hassle at any post office at any time! 

With PayPal you get discounts, can find the right information and can work on it 24/7 in my PJs like I do!  I can work on them and pack them and drop off at the "pick up" area in our building (the post lady who delivers our mail) would take them to the post office for us. 

My friend who works at the post office, told me that they are delighted that I am using PayPal as it is less hassle for them because too often many of them don't know what they are doing.    

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I do not understand the post from "tobyshi*zu" the way you took it.  The sentence construction provides the opposite meaning, that is that since PayPal gives discounts, the savings from using postage stamps is low and the hassle of using postage stamps is high.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply