International Incoming Package Not Scanned Anymore by Canada Post

Can someone know why is there no more tracking on Canada Post network after arrival for international registered parcel? No longer then 6 months ago, every package were scanned and you were able to followed them on Canada Post web site until final delivery.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@conductiverubbercompany wrote:

Can someone know why is there no more tracking on Canada Post network after arrival for international registered parcel? No longer then 6 months ago, every package were scanned and you were able to followed them on Canada Post web site until final delivery.

If not showing on Canada Post, then check the originating post office for details.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@conductiverubbercompany wrote:

Basically it's a "tracking war" between postal services. The UK being one of the prime offenders in that they offer their customers a very cheap Registered Mail (aka Signed For) service but do not reciprocate by tracking incoming Registered Mail items.

First USPS ceased to track incoming Registered items (except from a limited number of countries) and subsequently other Postal services like Canada Post followed suit.

As far as I know Canada Post can still provide proof of delivery to senders if they request it but they will no longer provide online tracking or delivery confirmation.

Many countries including Canada dropped Registered mail as an option for anything other than Lettermail, it was never intended to be used for packages.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm not sure why tracking stopped showing up but here is my three most recent purchases from Japan.

#1: Registered Surface mail. Tracking on both Japan Post and Canada Post show when the seller dropped it off and it left Japan 2 days later. No further updates on it so I'm not sure if it's still on the sea or if it reached Canada. It was shipped 4 weeks ago so it should be here pretty soon.

#2: Registered SAL mail (it means it goes surface when on land and goes on the next flight with available space). Tracking on Japan Post shows when the seller dropped it off and that it left Japan 5 days later. Nothing on Canada Post. It arrived at my door two days ago and I signed for the parcel. As of now there's still nothing in Canada Post and on Japan Post the last entry is still at when it left Japan.

#3: Also Registered SAL mail. Tracking on Japan Post shows the seller dropped it off yesterday so it's probably still in Japan. Nothing on Canada Post. 

Few months ago I could always see that the parcel arrived in Canada and would say something like "processed in Richmond facility" and that's my cue to expect my parcel within the next 1-2 day. But it doesn't always show "Delivered". Now tracking barely shows anything and it really feels like a big waste of money to pay for tracking (the Japanese sellers require it...) even though it's only about $5.50 CAD, it adds up...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply