(Invite only) list 100 free auctions a day Oct 15-21

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2014/10_15.html#terms

Only 700 total and spread out over 7 days... So bothersome lol

Invited sellers who create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy It Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item listed and no additional fee for adding 10-day Duration to these listings ("Promotion") for up to 100 listings per day, a total of 700 listings over the 7-day period, during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion, and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

5, 7, and 10-day listing durations are included in this Promotion. The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

If any seller does not have a saleable item these free listings just bog down the system, free listings are great for hoarders 🙂

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This kind of free promo that limit you to post or relist up to 100 per day like the other time up to 500 per day or something is INSANE!!  Why eBay needs to ""invest" this insane promo??  It doesn't make senses.

I prefer to be able to post or relist as much as I can per day and then have "off days" on some days but no eBay seems they want to control our lives with this insane promos!!  We don't get paid by eBay so why the heck do eBay needs to control our lives with this insane promos???  I'd love to "control" eBay as we are paying them not the other way!!!

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

I just tried using this promo, but the items I relisted were used up from my monthly 50 free auction listings instead. The 10-days free insertion also didn't work since I was prompted to pay 40 cents for 10 days updates (so I only listed 5 days). 

I *do* see the free 100 listings in my selling page.

Zero insertion fees on 100 auction-style listings per day
Pay no insertion fees on 100 auction listings per day. Also includes Special Duration! Learn More
Start: 15/10/14 00:00:00 EDT
End: 21/10/14 23:59:59 EDT
Available at cafr.ebay.ca,ebay.ca
0 / 100
Active

Anyone tried listing with this promo yet?

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Works great, I did for 7 days.

Thanks for the updates!  without notice form ebay is really hard to follow promotions.

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

I did got charged 15 cents per listing cost me $15 ... Gonna have to cal ebay on this one ....

Honeybed ... When you get something free you don't complain .. You use it or don't use it but complaining about free that is just stupid

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

Can you please kindly update here after your call with eBay? I'm just curious if I'm missing something here - why I couldn't use the 100 free auctions when I do have the promo visible in my account. 

And well if eBay won't / can't fix it I'll just have to pretend I never received this promo right from the beginning *shrugs* and I was doing relatively well with the last few promos too. It's too bad this promo isn't working for me this time (yet) but I guess it's a sign that I should spend more time in my school work.

Thank you very much in advance Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

will let you know

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

yes, tried and they were using my free 50 for the month, this insane promo  sucks and they would do better, if everyone got to  list for free all year round.

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

It seems to be giving me the promo rate on .com listings and not on .ca.  I've already used my free listings for the month on .ca but still have plenty left on .com.

During the listing process for .com it shows the listing free because of the store as long as it's a BIN. As soon as I change it to auction, it acknowledges the promo.

But on .ca there is no sign of a promo during the listing process.

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

I tried to use this promotion for 10 days listing and was charged $.40 for 10 days...

I reversed this and listed for 7 days for free.

And the PROMOTIONAL OFFERS table showed that it was not taken from my promotional numbers - still 100...

In the promotion they tell that if you are not using the latest SYI3.0 format the discount will be reflected in the "view account status"

I do not like this - too much time consuming!  It is like to enter the house through the window on the attic instead of the front door.

I am trying to understand their reason for such a complication.... Probably to force us to install the latest SYI3.0 format ?

I think I am using the latest SYI3.0 format but do not have to check or update it...  Anybody may suggest?

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

I too had 50 taken from the regular 50 free and then was charged $0.30 each for the next 50 for $15 yet is shows as active for me too. Ughhh...

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

Does'nt work for me too.... Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

for the ones who it's not working for - are you listing on .ca or .com?

As far as I can figure out, the promo is not registering at all on .ca, although it does indicate "active" for both sites in the promotional offer box on My eBay page.

When I go to view all transactions in my account I am being charged for these items.

So maybe it is like in the past when they used to calculate it afterwards?

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

I can confirm from testing on a different account that it works on .com and does not work on .ca.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply

My attempts at listing auction items today have also resulted in my monthly store counter going up, nothing showing up on the promo counter. 

I and another seller have posted this issue on today's Wed. board hour.  I'll post the eBay staffer's reply here.  

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

On .ca

I received the e-mail message for that offer and I have this in my seller manager summary:

Zero insertion fees on 100 auction-style listings per day
Pay no insertion fees on 100 auction listings per day. Also includes Special Duration! Learn More - opens in a new window or tab
Start: 15/10/14 00:00:00 EDT
End: 21/10/14 23:59:59 EDT

Available at cafr.ebay.ca,ebay.ca

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

I was charged for special duration fees for the listings I tested this morning after reading this thread.  Just spoke with a CS who confirms that this is a technical glitch - the promotion was not activated properly for .ca.  I am just waiting for the credits to show up in my account, and will update here when that happens.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

Yes, that's exactly what I see on .ca, which should mean that the promo is active, but when I list items at 7-day auction, they get counted on my monthly tally, which is not the way a promo should work.  The listed auction items should show up on the promo count, not against the regular monthly store allotment.  

This is really ridiculous and just plain sloppy.  

If they wanted sellers to avoid using their promos, they certainly found a good way!! Woman Frustrated

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

After 3 different phonecalls this morning they tell me that maybe the promo doesnt start untill 11:59 tonight???? I really don't understand and calling back is not very helpful arrgg

Message 20 of 42
latest reply