(Invite only) list 100 free auctions a day Oct 15-21

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2014/10_15.html#terms

Only 700 total and spread out over 7 days... So bothersome lol

Invited sellers who create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy It Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item listed and no additional fee for adding 10-day Duration to these listings ("Promotion") for up to 100 listings per day, a total of 700 listings over the 7-day period, during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion, and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

5, 7, and 10-day listing durations are included in this Promotion. The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

I was charged for special duration fees for the listings I tested this morning after reading this thread.  Just spoke with a CS who confirms that this is a technical glitch - the promotion was not activated properly for .ca.  I am just waiting for the credits to show up in my account, and will update here when that happens.

Thanks for posting this.  I'm sure we'll also get some input from the (red-faced) .ca staffers today, too.  

What a stupid mess -- first they can't seem to give us proper email notice, now they can't seem to make the promo work when they do get it posted.  I'm getting pretty tired of hearing them utter that word "glitch".  

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

@*sinnersavedbygrace* wrote:

After 3 different phonecalls this morning they tell me that maybe the promo doesnt start untill 11:59 tonight???? I really don't understand and calling back is not very helpful arrgg

Well, I think eBay CS is, as usual, clueless.  Here's what I see on my Summary page under the promo section: 

Start: 15/10/14 00:00:00 EDT
End: 21/10/14 23:59:59 EDT

That start time is the beginning of the clock on October 15th, i.e. as soon as it clicks past midnight on October 14th, which is the usual way these promos are done.  What a bunch of dolts. 

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

Dis anybody get this issue resolved yet?
Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Listing on eBay.com does work and on my Promotional Offers section says:

Start: 15/10/14 03:00:00 EDT

End: 16/10/14 02:59:59 EDT

whereas eBay.ca DOES NOT work (at time of posting) and the promo detail has:

Start: 15/10/14 00:00:00 EDT

End: 21/10/14 23:59:59 EDT

eBay.ca has this one-day-at-a-time event set up with a 168 hour time range.

No wonder the eBay.ca computer is confused, it's only expects to work 24 hours per day, so it's taking some time off for a nap.

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

It was brought up at the weekly chat today and the reps are looking into it. Any one that gets charged, will be credited for the fees. No time frame given at all.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

Imagine if you took all the time that people across Canada have wasted on this...

then add the number of additional listings that eBay would have had if their Canadian sellers weren't spending time chasing their tails around...

then add the cost to eBay of recalculating everyone's bills, writing additional notices, investigating and resolving the problem, etc., etc.

you wonder at what point it would be worthwhile to get some extra staff on board and do things the right way the first time Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

But I very much doubt that anyone who used any or all of their 50 free monthly listings will be reimbursed for those lost listing opportunities.

@dutchman48 wrote:

It was brought up at the weekly chat today and the reps are looking into it. Any one that gets charged, will be credited for the fees. No time frame given at all.

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

I just got credited for the upgrade charges, but no change to reinstate the number of regular monthly free listings that were incorrectly used.  That will be another phone call to eBay.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

lotsa luck has a good point - crediting for overcharges seems to be generally within ebay's capabilities.

But will people whose monthly free listings got depleted by this glitch get credited somehow? good question

*Luckily* we've already used our free listing for the month on .ca so don't think we have an issue about that.

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

I called they said keep listing they will fix the problem and credit me ...

Message 30 of 42
latest reply

Thanks for everyone's input. Now I'm debating if I should bother calling the rep to activate the promo properly for me... I just attempted to relist something and I still see $0.40 charge for insertion fee so I didn't proceed to list.

Fortunately it was just my monthly free 50's that got used up... [/end sarcasm] 

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

Today is the 15th so how have you already done it for seven days? It started today.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

I see I'm not the only one who didn't get it to work on .ca; I too had it just come out of my normal 50 free listings while the 100 free was visible but unchanged. Fortunately as I was setting up items to bulk relist I noticed the fees weren't zero and didn't hit submit.

Since people mentioned it working on ebay.com I tried to relist the items there, but with no luck. It wouldn't let me bulk relist items that were created on .ca, and even when I tried to use the relist or sell similar links to post just one item it took me back to ebay.ca to do it.
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

when I list items for 7-day auction it is free, but 10 days charge $.40

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

I just got off the phone with a a very tired sounding rep!  It seems that the problem is indeed only on .ca.  She said that it has been "escalated" with their technical team and that I should "just go on listing" my items, they would reverse the extra charges.  Then she said I shouldn't be listing 10 day auctions and sounded very surprised when I pointed out the invitation included the 10 day duration.  She said again to "just go on listing" so I got her name and a reference number for the call and I've crossed my fingers that the fees will be reversed!  Good times!

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Ladies and gentlemen, I just tried listing nine 10-days auction now success. No fees charged. Anyhow I suggest that those of you who's going to try again, only list one auctions to make sure it's taking off the 100 counter before trying again. And no I didn't call eBay rep or anything like that... I guess they finally fixed it.

My screen:

Start DateEnd DateUsedLeftStatus 

Zero insertion fees on 100 auction-style listings per day
Pay no insertion fees on 100 auction listings per day. Also includes Special Duration! Learn More
Available at cafr.ebay.ca,ebay.ca
16/10/14 00:00:00 EDT
16/10/14 23:59:59 EDT
Active

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

It is now working for me, wasn't last night.

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@bestcheapfast wrote:

when I list items for 7-day auction it is free, but 10 days charge $.40

Someone else mentioned it is now working for 10 day listings, but to be honest I avoid 10 day listings in general to be safe after a previous experience.  Once during a free listings period I saw 10-day listings included and started listing a bunch, then realized I was getting charged a fee.  Turned out the insertion fee was zero, but it was still charging the extra fee for an extended-time listing.  The nice girl on Ebay support reversed the charges, but I've avoided 10-day listings since to avoid any surprises.  If they actually are completely free though in this promotion I might have to try a few.

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Yesterday I was not able to use 10 days (free), today everything works good. But in general I try to stay away of 10 days too, because next time they will change time frame, duration, type of auction..... etc. 

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

I am using the relist tool from my unsold folder. If I click on more than 5 items at a time it shows a fee. The only way I can get my free ones is if I relist one at a time.. Then I am getting a free 10 day listing without taking from my 50 free 7 day.

Same thing last night. It is taking forever. Usually takes about 2 minutes to relist 100 items on each ot the .ca and .com sites.

I am ready to give up 

Message 40 of 42
latest reply