Invoice Mess-up

On the same day everyone was reporting site problems, I had a multiple sale and wanted to send a combined invoice.  Couldn't generate it, so waited until the next day.  Sent a combined invoice with adjusted shipping.  Later noticed that eBay sent me 2 messages to my personal email, first my combined invoice, and later another combined invoice with the original full shipping amount.  I contacted my customer, advising he should pay the adjusted invoice.  He was not able to pay that invoice, and had to pay the higher amount.  I of course was charged fees on the higher amount....Sigh.... Luckily this is a very good regular customer and we were able to come to an amicable solution.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Invoice Mess-up

I bet the system later overrode your invoice and that's the one your buyer paid. 

That day was messed up for sure. 

Today, I've noticed a major delay in messages from paypal to indicate the buyer has paid for the item purchase on ebay. I would encourage all other sellers to keep a close eye on their Selling Manager to see exactly what is Awaiting Shipment. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Invoice Mess-up

My buyer received both invoices, and was not allowed to pay the correct one - the one with combined shipping.  Why would eBay override an invoice and re-issue another one?  Has anyone else ever had that happen?  What would be the purpose of that?  How is this not a Site Issue?

I don't know why this was moved from Site Issues on the Discussion Boards to Seller Central.  Another post of mine was also removed from that heading and put in the Answer Centre.  This was a Site Issue, it is not a Seller Issue for which I am seeking advice from other members

I notice quite a lot of inconsistencies in the way "lizzier" tries to control, whoops I mean monitor, this board, especially over the matter of "Site Issues".  Has eBay asked that you move these posts so that it looks as if there are fewer issues on the site than there really are?  Some of the posts you leave are clearly NOT site issues, but more properly site questions, some you move are actual issues with the function of the site, which this was, clearly an issue for both the buyer and the seller, therefore not related to my computer or the buyer's computer, or our understanding of the use of the site, but rather an ISSUE with the FUNCTION of the site.

A minor annoyance, I'm aware, but for what purpose are these posts being moved?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Invoice Mess-up

having the same today.  Can't combine the invoices to adjust the shipping for a combined amount.   That means more paypal fees if they go through as separate invoices. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Invoice Mess-up

I am beating my head against the wall trying to print a postage label for Austria. Austrians format their addresses differently than we do (street name first, then number and THEN apartment plus postal code before city on the next line) and for whatever reason no matter what I do, I get that same irritating message from paypal shipping that they use for everything: not available. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply