Irony?

Received this message from eBay today (Nov 26) the day after I closed my eBay store:

"Dear Pierre,

Congratulations! You've achieved Top Rated Seller status, meeting eBay's US seller performance standards. To make buyers aware of your commitment to customer service, eBay will identify you as a Top Rated Seller. You are also now eligible to opt-in to eBay's new managed returns process.

Having Top Rated status also makes you eligible for these additional benefits on any of your listings that offer a 1-day handling time and 14-day or longer return policy with money back option:
  • 20% discount on final value fees
  • Increased search standing when you follow our listing best practices and consistently deliver great service
  • A prominent Top Rated Plus seal
To make sure you maintain your eBay Top Rated status, check your Seller Dashboard regularly. Remember, in addition to satisfying other evaluation criteria, to maintain your Top Rated status, you will need to continue to upload tracking within your stated handling time on 90% or more of US transactions. Once you've maintained Top Rated Seller status for three consecutive months, your status may be eligible for a grace period—time to get back on track without losing your discounts or benefits—if you fall below the sales or tracking upload requirements.

Again, congratulations and thank you for your hard work as one of eBay's best sellers."

I have always been "Top Rated Seller" ever since the program was introduced (maintaining DSRs of 5.0 across the board, always).  First on eBay.com and then "Global" after they introduced the "90% tracking" requirement for .com.  Although I never provided "tracking" eBay.com now tells me today - a bit late - that I qualify for the TRS Plus badge on eBay.com listings!

Oh well.... life does go on.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Irony?

Maybe they thought this might entice you to stay (even though it's nothing different from what you had)!  I wonder if this is what everybody gets when they close a store?  Gee, they might have been nicer sooner. 

I hope you'll still visit these boards Pierre, as I'm sure all of the "regulars" would miss you (me included Woman Very Happy).   

All the best to you! 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Irony?

That certainly is ironic!

It is also pretty weird given you didn't provide tracking... perhaps it was just an "ironic glitch"...

Keeps me hoping for a glitch that waives my fees for a while!!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply