Is anyone else as frustrated with not being allowed fixed price or buy it now without paying fees

I have found much success with selling vintage china in a fixed price or best offer format.

Since the latest changes that have several categories excluded from not having to pay

insertion fees, my whole business has dropped off in the auction format.  I already pay

over $100 - $200 a month in ebay fees for sales and now nothing is moving in the auction format.

and still paying ebay insertion fees.

I've started moving some things over to other selling sites although the range may not be the same  as Ebay the

insertion fees are free.

Do you think that some changes will be made in the exception categories, or back to the way it was.

I would be content to have my 100 items eligible for "any" format. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is anyone else as frustrated with not being allowed fixed price or buy it now without paying fees

I am not sure I understand your problem.

You currently have seven listings on eBay.  In the last several months, you have listed 54 listings (24 at fixed price) and sold 9.

Yet, you do not want to spend one penny in listing fees?  You want all your advertising to be "free" and only pay when you sell?

eBay offers a solution: rent an eBay store ($20 month).

But, considering the low number of listings, that does not make economical sense.

Do what we all did over the years: spend a few dollars to list your products.  If and when they sell, you pay a commission based on the total value of your transaction (FVF).

I agree with you that "fixed price" listings may work best for you.  So, do not hesitate to invest $0.30 to advertise your wares, considering your average sale exceeds $100.

If listing your item on eBay for 30 days is not worth $0.30 to you (a penny a day), you may want to try a different venue.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I think your analysis is good Pierre.

I am constantly amazed that people complain that eBay does not give them enough free stuff. They complain that their business does poorly because eBay does not give their services away for free.

What other section of your business supply chain gives their product away, for free? $20 a month for worldwide exposure? Far greater flexibility? One sale and you have made the cost of the store back?

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I agree with you. BIN works for me. I'm not going to spend an extra penny to list in those categories that have a $0.30 fee. Don't want a store.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shama, as long as you are happy, do what you want.

What Pierre and I are referencing to, is the sellers that complain that they are not getting all the services they want, for FREE.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
latest reply