Is eBay Compatible with Windows 10 Yet?

Does anyone know (for certain) whether eBay -- and Paypal for that matter -- are completely up to speed yet with Windows 10? 

I have been postponing making the switch from W8.1 to 10 until I know I'll be able to carry on business normally. The last I heard for example, was that sellers were unable to print eBay/Paypal shipping labels using W10.  

Thanks for any input. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I updated W10 right away, eBay is still working great with IE, PP is not. I have to use Mozilla to print labels.

Tried different printers and computers, can't print at all. You will have to use different browser in order to print shipping labels. Beside that Windows 10 is wonderful 🙂 fast and smart.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi rose-dee,

As I'm not a large seller or buyer, I can't say for certain if Windows 10 is completely compatible with all aspects of eBay and PayPal. I did want to comment on the one specific problem that you brought up and that I have seen elsewhere, which is the issue of printing PayPal labels on Windows 10.

When I upgraded to Windows 10, I started using the new browser included which is called Microsoft Edge. This is where I found I had problems printing PayPal labels. Once I switched back to using Internet Explorer (which is still included in Windows 10, just not as the default browser) I had no more problems printing PayPal labels. It seems the issues were related to using the new browser, so if you do upgrade to Windows 10 I would recommend using any other browser of choice for eBay/PayPal.

Also, note that the logo for the new browser is similar to Internet Explorer (it's a blue "e"), and I think this is where people may end up thinking the problem is something else as they assume that they are using Internet Explorer when they, in fact, are not.

Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Does anyone know (for certain) whether eBay -- and Paypal for that matter -- are completely up to speed yet with Windows 10? 

I have been postponing making the switch from W8.1 to 10 until I know I'll be able to carry on business normally. The last I heard for example, was that sellers were unable to print eBay/Paypal shipping labels using W10.  

Thanks for any input. 

I'm glad you asked this question.  I've been wondering the same thing.  While I can print labels on both Chrome and Foxfire, neither of them works well when you want to reduce them in size.  IE does this better.  As well, there are features on IE that I like better than the two others.

Since Microsoft introduced Windows 10 and their new browser, it seems that no attention at all is being paid to IE 11.  I rarely had a problem with this version, but in the last few months, there's been nothing but problems.  So I would like to update to W10 if I can be assured that their new browser works well and can print PayPal labels properly.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

A new edition of Windows comes out... and many start to use it...  This appears to happen with each new edition....

Many on eBay have encountered problems with a new edition of Windows.... whether 7, 8, 9 or 10... and the future will be the same.

One should wait  for eBay to make adjustments....  before one jumps into the most recent edition.....

Always be careful......  and cautious... compatibility among computer programs is transitory  and can change dramatically with a new update....

and it all starts with a person's operating system.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks very much.  This is helpful information regarding IE.  I didn't know whether it would still be included in W10.  

I appreciate everyone's input, thank you.  I think I am going to wait a few more weeks before attempting the changeover, and hope that eBay and Paypal will have caught up by then.  Since it is possible to revert back to 8.1 at any time, it isn't a one-way street at least. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I updated W10 right away, eBay is still working great with IE, PP is not. I have to use Mozilla to print labels.

Tried different printers and computers, can't print at all. You will have to use different browser in order to print shipping labels. Beside that Windows 10 is wonderful 🙂 fast and smart.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@bestchoicebrand wrote:

Did you try compatibility mode in IE on Windows 10?  Compatibility more would fix some things with eBay under Windows 7 or 8.

I do not know if this would help since I do not have Windows 10. I am still running Windows Vista, LOL. I got a free business PC with Vista to replace my old Windows XP PC this past January. Very fast PC.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
Did you try compatibility mode in IE on Windows 10?  Compatibility more would fix some things with eBay under Windows 7 or 8.

I do not know if this would help since I do not have Windows 10. I am still running Windows Vista, LOL. I got a free business PC with Vista to replace my old Windows XP PC this past January. Very fast PC.

Thanks 'poco' -- I'll keep the Compatibility mode in mind too, when I finally have the nerve to do the switch.  

Oh how I wish I could say 8.1 was faster than the old Windows 7.  This laptop I bought is only a few months old, but it's beastly -- slow as molasses in January, as they say.  Sometimes things take so long to load that I just walk away, have a snack or a cup of tea and come back later.  (LOL). 

The other thing I found intensely annoying is that although windows 8.1 includes the same Windows picture editor that I had with Win7 (which I loved), I have never been able to get it to work without freezing or crashing.  Or I get that message that we all love: "Windows has encountered a problem and must close".  Yikes, I can only hope they've done their homework at Microsoft with Windows 10. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply