Is it too late to change listings from US$ to C$ on .ca?

amcdc79
Community Member

I do not see any way to change my last few US$ listings to C$ on .ca. Glitch, or do I have to totally redo the whole listing from scratch?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are the listing ended (unsold)?

Once ended, simply click relist and adjust accordingly.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have tried Relisting and sell similar, and the option to change the currency is gone. Of course ebay has me using their New and improved, Faster and easier listing page.

I just got off the phone to ebay, and was told, that I am going to have to start from scratch, on all of the remaining Dreamcast games in my unsold pile. Not a happy camper, since I can't find the photos for most of them.

The reason for all of this, is due to the listings supposedly being on .com. yet my domestic shipping charge is for Canada. Unlike my automotive items, where the Domestic shipping is the US, with Canada being international.

What a joke! All I can do is smh and say whatever.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

" the option to change the currency is gone. "

Yes the US$ option is gone and one can only list in Cdn$ on eBay.ca and eBay.cafr

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

I do not see any way to change my last few US$ listings to C$ on .ca. Glitch, or do I have to totally redo the whole listing from scratch?

It should work if you are just redoing an expired US$ listing on .CA  and making them all Canadian dollars.  That is IF those last few US$ listings are on .CA and not on .COM.  If the listings are on .COM you will not find a C$ option.  

So many sellers are slogging it out with the Migration Tool to move their listings to .COM.  Are you saying you want to go the other way and leave .com to list on .ca instead?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you Pierre, that is why I'm trying to change them from US$ to CDN$.

If they were already on .com(as the ebay CS rep. says) why do I get the message in red telling me, and if I may quote.

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
  • To list your item, update your currency to Canadian dollars (CAD). Remember to update your item and shipping prices, too."

Yet nowhere on the page, is there any way to do that. Also, if they were on .com, the domestic shipping would be to the US, with Canada being one of the International zones you need to set up. My automotive listings are on .com for sure, as ebay asked if I wanted to use the GSP, from Canada eh! I don't think so, I would not use it even if I could.

Two days ago I received a message from ebay regarding a new listing tool, which supposedly makes listing items easier and faster, as it is only one page instead of the usual two we have always had. There is a contact link to opt out of it, and silly me, when I phoned, I forgot to ask the rep.to do that. I may phone again Tomorrow to get the old two page listing tool, with the currency changer right at the top, where it's always been..

I did manage to move a few Hockey cards to .com, by doing so, it allowed me to keep them US$ listings. With 50 free .ca and 50 free .com monthly's, I'm trying to have around that many listings on each.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Solved!! I used the migration tool which does allow a currency change, so all is good! Only had a few to do, so doing them one at a time was not too bad. Thanks to all who replied, and a heads-up for those who still might have to do the same.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply