Is there a glitch in my shipping profile or am I an idiot??

I have another post about this below but I' m at a roadblock and need help badly. I'm looking for somebody that will actually contact me off of here and guide me on the phone. I would be willing to send a free item to the person who fixes this for me as I called Ebay's customer service and some young woman answered who did not have a clue how to operate the site and would not pass me on to a technical person when I requested. It was embarrassing.

Two problems.

#1 - I cannot get the light packet option whether it is for the US or International to work. I have tried multiple dimensions and multiple weights and it will not calculate. I need this rate for single comic books and currently have to use the air rate which is more expensive.

#2 - I can only get one line in the international shipping options to work.  Whichever one I use, whether US or International will show the calculated rate correctly, air, surface, tracked, they all work fine, just light packet malfunctions.

When I hit offer additional service and then choose either US or international options then that country ends up blocked in checkout when they try to purchase.

I have spent hours on this and cannot get it to work no mater what I try.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

"and it will not calculate."

Light packet is a fixed rate service.  Do not use the calculator.  Enter a fixed shipping charge

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

That seems to have fixed that problem, thank you.

Now I just need to figure out how to have it allow both US and international shipping calculations without blocking buyers at checkout.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Are you listing on eBay.ca (or.cafr) exclusively?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yes. With the flat rate I actually can get it to list the shipping prices and checkout properly for both US and international. The problem with that is that unless it is letter mail the rate changes internationally to various countries so I don't want it flat I want it calculated.

Do I need more than 2 lines under international shipping to correct this? I've been trying with one line as custom US and one line as worldwide. This works fine with the flat rate but blows up if it needs to calculate

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

For listings where shipping must be calculated, if you insist in shipping overseas, you need two shipping sections

1) USA

2) Worldwide

The question I ask, after looking at your listings, is it really worth it to ship overseas?  What percentage of your sales (in $$$) are overseas?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

You would be surprised how many international people order POPS from me. They usually order the more expensive ones too.

Yes I am setting it up like that.

Custom US

Worldwide

I've tried this about a hundred times now. Whatever one I put second will not work in checkout.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

i noticed another thing. If I have it as Canada Post International Parcel - Surface it will calculate for all countries.

Canada Post Tracked Package International will only calculate for some countries

Canada Post International Parcel - Air will not work at all.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Frankly, despite my eighteen years experience on eBay I do not understand nor can suggest a solution to your problem.

Why don't you try to ask Raphael today on the Board Hour:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/February-10th-2016-Weekly-Session/m-p/326499#U326499

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Have you heard of this goofiness before?

I had it set up as Canada post small packets USA air and dimensions as 8x5x3 and it worked fine calculating.

I changed the dimensions to 5 x 4 x3 and the calculator stopped working.

So I tried several other combinations but if the first dimension number changed from 8 to 5 it stopped working.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@ryan.oneill wrote:

I had it set up as Canada post small packets USA air and dimensions as 8x5x3 and it worked fine calculating.

So I tried several other combinations but if the first dimension number changed from 8 to 5 it stopped working.

As I had mentioned to you in the previous thread, take a minute to double check the minimum and maximum dimensions for the services via the Canada Post price guide, https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/CPprices-e.pdf

For small packet: MINIMUM SIZE 140 mm x 90 mm x 1 mm, when you listed at 5 inches, you went below the minimum of  5.5 inches, hence the shipping calculator will not return a result.

Tracked packet international is only available for a select group of countries, these are listed in the PDF. Note that tracked packet USA is a separate service for USA only. Here too you will want to be careful with the minimum and maximum dimensions.

Hopefully that helps iron out some of the issues for you.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@ryan.oneill wrote:

I think it may be problem with very small size entered (5 x 4x 3)

- the minimum size allowed is 140mm x 90 mm x 1mm and size 5" and 4" are below this standard.

I suggest you show higher measurements to satisfy the system although the actual size is smaller

Hope it will help

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

You know I think a light switch just went on. I have a lot of listings to redo again but if this holds up as it did for my Storm Shadow listing which I just did than you should contact me hlmacdon as I owe you.

For that Storm Shadow I was trying to set up tracked shipping for US and International. Now you sent me that list and only certain countries apply for tracked shipping so that is why this checkout is going to hell.

Below is how the checkout looked on .com

Notice the Free which was screwing me up for the last 2 days.

When I removed N & S America, China, etc. from the list then that second option of free vanished and it worked properly.

Canada Post Tracked Packet - USA
Est. delivery: Tue, Feb. 23

$12.22

Canada Post Tracked Packet - International - Free
Est. delivery: Mon, Feb. 22–Fri, Feb. 26
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

That's pretty much impossible to figure out without that list you sent me hlmacdon. 

Ebay should make it easier to set up than that.as I had no idea. Worldwide should calculate without having to be set up so extravagantly.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@ryan.oneill wrote:

That's pretty much impossible to figure out without that list you sent me hlmacdon. 

Ebay should make it easier to set up than that.as I had no idea. Worldwide should calculate without having to be set up so extravagantly.

Glad it helped you iron out some of the issues you experienced. I agree they could make it more user friendly, as there are various restrictions for the services that aren't explicit when you are setting your options up. With a bit more front end prompts and instructions to the seller, ebay could probably get a much better conversion rate by helping guide sellers to more cost effective shipping services. Something akin to a shipping wizard would be useful in this case.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply