Is there anybody in E-bay official site to complain to? E-bay phones don't work, they put you on hol

Is there anybody to complain to in E-bay official site? E-bay phones don't work, I have been on hold forever.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Is there anybody in E-bay official site to complain to? E-bay phones don't work, they put you on hol

No.  eBay does not want to hear your complaint or mine or anyone's else for that matter.

It is best to address it directly to eBay staffers here on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00pm (Eastern time) during the Weekly Board Hour.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

If you have a problem that you need help with, someone here may be able to help you but if you just want to vent, it's unlikely that anyone who can do anything about it will see it here.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Complaint dept. Hum? Lemme see if I have that one.

complain.jpg

Photobucket
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for your replay! I didn't know about weekly board hour. When you say " here on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00 pm" what did you mean? Perhaps online?
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

When I wrote "here", I meant "here" online on these discussion board, more specifically:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

No.  eBay does not want to hear your complaint or mine or anyone's else for that matter.

It is best to address it directly to eBay staffers here on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00pm (Eastern time) during the Weekly Board Hour.

Really makes you question why Ebay continues to float a paycheque to all of those poorly trained call centre staff now doesn't it.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

We sold during last Christmas Season 3 items. Two of them went to Russia, one went to Ukraine. We sent them with Canada post small surface package, because customers requested the cheapest way possible. We had receipts that clearly showed a) Russian and Ukraine post codes, b) date of shipping and c) place which we shipped from, but not tracking numbers, only because small packet doesn't have a tracking #. If buyers wanted one, shipping price would be significantly higher and they didn't want to pay unnecessary expense.
It appears that buyer from Russia, who bought 2 items, knew how to cheat! That person acted dishonestly and unfairly from the beginning! First, buyer requested surface-small package and then before even 3 weeks ended (which is ridiculous, everybody knows that through the Christmas Season shipping takes forever, especially surface!!!) opened 2 cases for 2 non-received items against us! The buyer clearly knew the importance of tracking # and constantly kept asking us for the tracking #, pretended it didn't know about it's own request for the surface small package,....Of course, we didn't have a tracking #.
When the buyer from Ukraine saw how naive we were it took advantage of us as well! Our explanation that it is Christmas, packages take time, that their counters were at the beginning of the war, that they asked for surface shipping and small package, did not help! We let the cases closed by it's self giving more time for the items to arrive, and we pleaded for understanding, but e-bay took that against us. We now had 3 cases closed to our disadvantage!
They gave money back to those people, plus awarded them with free shipping that we paid for it and punished us! We now have limit of selling only up to 400 hundred dollars a month. We got LEGALLY ROBED and punished for it!!! Punishment will expired at the end of January when cases expire after 1 calendar year. What to do until then? We couldn't even list more than 3 items this month because asked prices will exceed $400. It is not fair! We were only being nice to the customers and we are paying for it!
Does anybody have a similar experience and suggestion what can we do to increase the selling limit?
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

It's been said many times before on other threads, but the golden rule is never ship surface. I do not ship surface and if a buyer happens to ask if I would to save them some money, I advise that I am sorry but I do not ship surface.... I strongly suggest you do not offer the option for future sales.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Air packages to that part of the world can be slow so to expect a package to arrive in 3 weeks by surface isn't reasonable. However, those packages would probably have taken longer than 45 days which is how long the buyers had to file a claim. Most buyers are not going to wait longer than that in case the package doesn't show up so that is why it is not a good idea to use surface. It can take 3-12 weeks to arrive. When paypal changes their claim time to 180 days later this year, then surface 'might' be more viable.

I'm sorry that happened to you but it is important that you learn the rules of the site as well as the ins and outs of buyers and sellers protection. Once a buyer opens a case, you only have so long to prove that they received the package and the only way to do that is by showing the delivery confirmation number. If you can't convince the buyer to wait longer and you don't have a del confirmation number proving delivery, there really is no option except to refund. Proof of shipping doesn't mean anything to Paypal because that doesn't show that the buyer has received or will receive their package.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

If you have had the same limits for a while now you might be able to get them raised. You could phone ebay or try applying by using the link on this page. http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html#increasing

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Doesn't matter if "It's not fair". You can't prove to anyone, except yourself, that the parcels were shipped. You either ship with tracking or absorb the chances of a claim.

I will never ship surface. Surface would take 2-3 months. Buyer has to open a claim within 45 days.

Never, ever, no matter what, allow a case to close on it's own. It doesn't matter what you think or mean. Close it by refunding as they will take the money anyway. Cases closed by eBay count heavily against you, as you found out.

Basically, you did everything wrong.

You can try phoning and pleading your case, but, I'm pretty sure eBay will say "no". They will say two things "Ship with tracking and charge it to the customer" and "Refund to a case immediately". You did neither.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I don't want to be the bearer of more bad news. But something similar happened to me. EBay told me the selling limit would be a year and it last well over 18 months with several heated phone calls to eBay supervisors and managers. Sorry, I know what you're going through and it's very frustrating, to say the least.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To Pierre, that suggestion is NOT a very good one.  We cannot wait until next Wednesday and for only a limited time every time.

The customer service is there to serve us at any time, period. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

What customer service is there for is entirely different from what they will do. A voice on the phone, hopefully in the US, will do nothing. What then, is your suggestion?

Photobucket
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

"The customer service is there to serve us at any time, period."

To"serve us". I don't know what say. This just reads badly. Maybe you didn't write it the way it comes off. And maybe you did. But having dealt with CS. Good luck with that!
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

If you still want to communicate directly with Canadian staff working out of the Canadian head Office in Toronto, you can post your comment, question or inquiry on the Weekly Board Hour thread.  It is open now.  Staffers come in at 1:00pm (Eastern time) to answer questions.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/September-24th-2014-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/2686...

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

You wrote: "To Pierre, that suggestion is NOT a very good one"

???

What is the purpose of your post?

The original poster wrote " E-bay phones don't work, I have been on hold forever."

So what are you suggesting?  That he does what does not work for him as stated in the original post?

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Honey wants you, Pierre, to make Peggy do the job Honey wants done. Get to it. This is, despite the fact, that the OP dug their own hole.

Photobucket
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

As Mary says repeatedly: "Take a number!  I am here, I am first, nobody else gets there!" Smiley Indifferent

Message 20 of 23
latest reply