Item just ended after going through winner bidder's feedback can I cancel the transaction?

just had a card end http://www.ebay.ca/itm/231534836177?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

buyer has a great feedback rating...then I looked at their feedback left for others and it seems the leave several negatives to sellers saying that the cards they received are damaged and they ask for refunds.

This seems to happen more and more now and quite frankly I am sick of having to deal with this as ebay seems to always side with these buyers who constantly complain their items are broken or damaged.

I am shipping this item with tracking and insurance.

So my question is, I know in my gut this buyer will complain even though there is nothing wrong with the card.

Can I just refuse to send it to them and offer a second chance to the next bidder? The winning bidder has not paid yet (just ended)

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Item just ended after going through winner bidder's feedback can I cancel the transaction?

" leave several negatives to sellers saying that the cards they received are damaged and they ask for refunds."

To refuse to ship will bring you the negative feedback you want to avoid.

Instead I suggest you contact the buyer at time of shipping, confirm you have left positive feedback for his prompt payment, advise the buyer of the shipping method, tracking number (if available) and the fact the shipment is fully insured for the buyer's protection.  Also you may mention that everything you sell is fully guaranteed and the card should be returned to you for a full refund (upon receipt of the card), including shipping charge, if found not satisfactory.

You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

Instead of looking at a few negative feedback comments left by that buyer (you have no way of knowing if deserved or not), look at all the positive comments he left for sellers when he was happy with his purchase.  Be one of them!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

lol 1 of the negatives the bidder left was a complaint about having to return their item for a refund

I hear all that you are saying and the "ebayer" inside of me agrees 

Just wondering if ebay even keeps track of how many negatives that a buyer leaves for sellers or how many cases a buyer opens for refunds.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

and it is not the negative feedback that worries me...it's losing $220
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I too have sometimes experienced customers with very high expectations. I sell (in theory) similar material like your cards (individual stamps). People will tend to have very high expectations regarding quality, same as true in cards.

What I do for individual items is take pictures front and back of the stamp. I looked at some of your listings and I only see pictures of the fronts, I suggest you also picture the backs. It might also be worthwhile to experiment with backgrounds (the white with the black line background you use now may make it harder to close up see the image). The pictures don't seem to expand so I'm assuming they are scanned instead of being pictures. Higher resolution pictures will let the buyer expand to check the corners etc.

I too have had buyers in the past that freaked me out by leaving negatives for other sellers and I assumed the worst (sometimes all the bad stuff we see here on the boards predisposes us to believe the worst in buyers). Fortunately they gave me great feedback, which leads me to believe that sometimes the problem is the seller and  not the buyer.......

Here is an example of a stamp that is like a card and how I picture it......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANADA-2-50-Bobby-Orr-SIGNED-hockey-souvenir-sheet-limited-edition-check-it-...

You'll see that I changed the background from the front to the back to better enhance....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ricarmic- I disagree about photographing stamps.

There is no problem at all with the zoom feature on scanned stamps and in my opinion not only can we get a higher resolution (I use 600 dpi for stamps but only 300 for other items) but we can focus more closely on details with scanning.

For our online auction* catalogue, we scan at 1200 dpi, but eBay doesn't seem to support that much detail.

*The sparks auction catalogue goes to bed next week and the auction is in June.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Really - I'm not a scanning expert as I've always photographed, the ones I looked at I couldn't expand so it must be a low resolution scan then?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

so the fun is already starting with this one...I knew it would

received a message today (May 1) asking  if I  had shipped the item and  if I had a tracking number.

To which I replied that...item was payed on April 27th

Message with the canada post tracking number was sent on April 28th and item was marked as shipped on April 28th.

I resent the tracking number...

i took everyone's advice on here and I took extra pics of the card after the sale and took it with the printed paypal packing slip for this buyer in the backround.

the card was shipped in a bubble mailer but that mailer was placed inside a canada post box made specifically to ship cell phones in

as well as extra packing in the box...each step of the process was photographed.

like i said this buyer has perfect feedback...but seems to always ask for money back on every high priced card he purchases.

it was also insured 

lets see what next week will bring...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply