Item location help

Hi there. I'm a new ebay seller and I have a question about specifying my item location. 

I am in Ontario, Canada but my items are located in and shipped from China. I have been trying to change my item location on a 

listing to say it's from China because it keeps saying the item is in Canada, when this is not true. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this ? 

MC

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Item location help

Not really, just keep changing it manually.

I hope you have read the many warnings about the problems with drop shipping.

You don't have control of stock. If your supplier cannot ship, you get the negative backlash.

You don't have control of quality. If your supplier ships trash or counterfeits, you get the negative backlash.

You don't have control of shipping. If your supplier ships Surface and the item doesn't arrive within 45 days, you get the negative backlash and refund the customer's payment.

The supplier gets the money you pay him. No negative feedback. No refunds.

And it is a good idea to start your eBay career by doing some buying, including items from China, to understand the problems your customers will have.

That being said, good wishes for your new endeavour.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

You can change it by going to my ebay page and clicking on account, addresses. There you can edit and/or add your 'ship from' addresses.

I agree that drop shipping from China can cause some very big problems and to be honest, I wouldn't do it myself. You are going to find it difficult as a seller with 0 feedback. You really should have some ebay experience first. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

Well that sucks that I can't do much about changing it. I did put a disclaimer on my listings page saying the items are being shipped from China. I hope that's enough for the buyer to understand. Anyway, thanks and I appreciate the info! I am only doing drop shipping temporarily and I did read a lot about drop shipping before deciding on doing this and I know what to expect if a mess up occurs. 

Thanks for the input  🙂

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

Thanks for the reply. 

I did exactly this many times and the only addresses that show up are registration, payment and purchase pickup, and primary shipping address. 

I've also tried adding a new address (drop shippers address) but there is no option to make it as a 'ship from' address. The only option that shows up is 'make primary' address.

I guess there really isn't a way to change this Smiley Frustrated 

Thanks again

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

The best way to change it is to ship from Ontario. stuff that you have in your hands, package and send yourself.

Know what you sell: sell what you know.

Control the quality of your product.

Control the quality of your packaging.

Control the shipping service.

For a new seller it takes only ONE unhappy buyer who doesn't get the item she hoped (and you know this is the customer who thinks she can buy a real diamond in a solid gold setting for less than a loonie) to trash your DSRs and put you out of business.

Dropshipping is only good for the supplier, not for the seller.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

Item location wil not accept my postal code??
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

what is your postal code?

letter-number-letter  number-letter-number

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

Zombie thread alert.

Looks like the OP is no longer here but did manage to make some sales just fine.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Item location help

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply