Item on hold in destination country

I just happened to check the tracking status of a 1.5kg tracked packet I sent to Germany 12 days ago, and noticed that it has the tracking status of Item on hold since March 21... What would be the cause of this? Is the buyer not picking up the parcel?? I'm thinking about messaging the buyer to ask, but not sure how I should word my message? The tracked packet label does have the buyer's phone number on it. I'm just worried that if it doesn't get picked up soon it'd get bounced back to me, and I certainly don't want to pay $60 postage to retrieve it... Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Item on hold

Mar-21-17, 07:03 AM

Item has arrived at the delivery office in the destination country

Mar-21-17, 02:43 AM

International item is in transit to the delivery office.

Mar-20-17, 18:16 PM

Item on hold

Mar-20-17, 10:10 AM

International item is in transit to the delivery office.

Mar-20-17, 10:10 AM

Item has arrived in foreign country

Mar-17-17, 17:46 PM

Item has been sent to customs in the destination country

Mar-17-17, 17:46 PM

International shipment has arrived in a foreign country

Mar-16-17, 10:18 AM

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

"... I'd think her bottom line is that she has received her books just fine..."

If that is the case, let it be.

Life is too short to worry about stuff one does not need to worry about.

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

I would let it be as well.  

Perhaps mj has dealt with this type of situation before with an  international buyer and is aware of something that I'm not but my 'guess' would be that CP would investigate it as an insurance claim, find out the buyer received the item and close the claim.  I can't really see them giving your postage back just because a foreign postal service did not scan the package as delivered.

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

I'm not going to tell zee what to do. I'm only saying what she can do. And, yes, I do have experience in this area. If I've paid for tracked packet, you can bet I want to see Delivered at the end of tracking on my parcel. 

Canada Post will investigate it. If they cannot confirm it is delivered, you will be refunded. You paid for tracking, so if you don't care it wasn't ever shown as received, that's your prerogative.

Give them an email address as well as phone number for the recipient. I always do.

I'm not after the refund money, I want simply what I paid for: Confirmation of Delivery. So if the post offices have to get on the phone to confirm it themselves, so much the better. They'll do a better job next time. How else will they know there is a problem with their delivery scans if you don't tell them?

But do what you want. Not everyone cares about processes being followed like I do. I come to it from a quality assurance/continuous improvement background too: if you're making mistakes, you need to know about it. I'd be telling them. 

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

Maureen, I totally agree with you on that aspect (that postal services need to be responsible to do the delivery scan since I paid for it) but I also do not want to trouble my buyer needlessly (that's my bottom line). Trust me, if this is at work, I tend to be one of the people who tells the leadership team my opinion on something even if nothing will come out of it, and one of them always tells me she appreciates me for sharing my thoughts (admittedly I'm also immature at times and caused her trouble).

If I'm on the recipient end and did not get delivered scan (happened before with what I bought from Japan which I curiously checked tracking status afterwards) I don't actually go after Canada or Japan Post about it just because I don't want to spend my time on it and the items did arrive safely.

Since this buyer did say she'll buy from me again and is currently happy with the sale, I think not costing her the extra trouble will be the priority, and really, the price difference between TP and SP air was less than $10 so I think I'll let it go for now. My insomnia is already bad enough from shift work (hence I'm awake and not sleeping right now) and I don't think adding calling CP to my to-do list would do me any good.

For now, since the buyer is happy, I'll call this case closed. Thank you to all who sat through my grumbling and provided sound advices. Much appreciated 😃

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

I sent a package to Germany and it's showing out of delivery for 1week now, I told the buyer to contact Dutch post office; he is telling me no one could help him at the customer center were the packages is. He said he called more than 20times I staff  gave him an e-mail address which he couldn't use without a special reference number he didn't get. Next one told him to apply for a second delivery.without any reaction to it. And everyone else told him that He cannot do anything as it will be going back to Canada. 

Message 45 of 45
latest reply